MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an M&P 9mm 1.0 that I have upgraded with night sights. I am looking at the 9mm Shield Plus.

My decision is whether to upgrade the 1.0 with a duty carry trigger (it is MA compliant with no safety) or trade it for a shield plus 9mm. I'm still deciding on safety versus non-safety for the plus.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Keep it, install a trigger kit then buy the shield plus without the safety.

The safety on the shield is all but useless, it takes time to disengage unlike other guns that can be turned off quickly. I find the one on the Shield rubs the skin off my thumb during extended range sessions, so I hate them.

On a striker gun, the "safety" is between your ears.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You
I have an M&P 9mm 1.0 that I have upgraded with night sights. I am looking at the 9mm Shield Plus.

My decision is whether to upgrade the 1.0 with a duty carry trigger (it is MA compliant with no safety) or trade it for a shield plus 9mm. I'm still deciding on safety versus non-safety for the plus.

Thoughts?
You and I are kind of in the same boat. I also have a M&P 9 gen. 1. Mine has night sights and I upgraded to an Apex Tactical trigger and Ram kit several years ago. The night sights have are no longer working but of course they are still okay for regular use. I've thought about replacing them with a set of fiberoptics. Then you add the Shield Plus into the equation. Yeah I want one. In fact I bought one. I've ordered the 13253 Performance Center model with all the bells and whistles. Ported barrel and slide, 4" barrel, the new flat faced trigger, it's optics ready and comes with a Crimson Trace red dot sight. My question is do I sell the old gen1 to absorb some of the cost of this new gun or do I just keep them both? The answer is...........I have no idea. Leaning toward keeping them both at least for now anyway.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I know these days it's all about capacity and the latest & greatest. MHO? If you've built the Gen 1 the way you want it, and are good with it, stick with it. Save your money, you'll need it for ammo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Keep it, install a trigger kit then buy the shield plus without the safety.

The safety on the shield is all but useless, it takes time to disengage unlike other guns that can be turned off quickly. I find the one on the Shield rubs the skin off my thumb during extended range sessions, so I hate them.

On a striker gun, the "safety" is between your ears.
I don’t have any problems with the safety on my shield plus

·
Registered
M&P40 1.0
32 Posts
Hello,

My .02 is to agree with most of what was already said. Work on the M&P and make it what you want. Then buy the Shield separately for a CCW. Triggers and trigger kits are not that expensive. The only other thing you might want to add is a light or laser. Then you can go to work on the Shield and mod it (if you so desire).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts