MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering the purchase of a S&W M&P 9 Compact. Ok here goes. I am a die hard S&W fan and own several revolvers and semi autos. But...... what makes the S&W M&P 9mm better than the Kel-Tec P11 semi auto? I happen to own one and it is a very good ccw pistol.

Inquiring minds want to know. :wink:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anhinga,

Two different worlds. I just sold my second P-11. It doesn't matter how much you tinker with the trigger or dry fire it. Or if you fluff and buff the P-11 it will NEVER be in the same league as an M&P 9c. The P-11 is lighter but the quality is nowhere near the Smith. The P-11 is only marginally smaller. I can shoot my M&P 9c all day long. Anything over 100 rounds thru a P-11 is truely a painful experience. Ask yourself, why am I buying the pistol? What is your need? Isn't your well-being worth the extra cash? Save your sheckles and buy only quality!

Just my opinion. Take it for what it's worth. Besides the KT P3AT, which fills a concealment need/niche, I will not purchase another Kel-Tec.

PS. I also sold my G26 and G29. I really really like my M&P.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I own both guns and have carried both. I bought the M&P to replace my P11 as my carry gun. The M&P is marginally bigger but carries just as easily as the P11. It is much less sensitive about ammo and will function with a greater variety of ammo. It is also much more accurate and much easier to shoot accurately and quickly. My P11 is now my trusted house gun and will backup my M&P as my carry gun if the M&P is out of service for any reason.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The kel-tec is good for what it is but you can't compare it to an M&P or Glock....That's like comparing a Civic to a BMW.

·
Registered
100 Posts
+1,000 to the above posts.

I have two M&P's in 9mm (fulll sized and compact) and a Kel-Tec P3AT. While I like my P3AT for several reasons, there is no comparison in quality of construction, ease of operation and reliability.

Buy yourself an M&P and then a P3AT as a BUG or to carry when you really want something small and easy to pocket carry.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Some times I carry both my P11 and 40c. The P11 is 10 oz lighter than my 40c and it is smaller and you can pocket carry the P11.

I say have both. I carry my 40c on the primary and my P11 on weak hand.

·
Registered
403 Posts
The Keltec PF9 and Walther PPS are seriously trying to woo me away from the M&P 9c I carry now. They are SOOOO slim and small.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:)

I wound up buying a M&P 9c. This is a fine pistol. It is very accurate and is a great shooter to boot. The ergonomics and dependability are what makes this firearm a great buy. You will not be disappointed if you decide to pick up an M&P. (My Kel-Tec P11 has been in a case since I bought the M&P 9c
)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts