MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new Kel Tec. I'm about to do some shooting to break it in. What kind of ammo are you guys carrying in the keltec?

·
Registered
176 Posts
CorBon DPX. Test reports show the stuff functioning properly through leather and jean materials. Excellent petal formation and no plugging. I can't find a local retailer so I just order it from Midway or wherever may be cheapest online.

As for your 3AT, spend some time over at KTOG.org. Those guys are great resources for everything Kel-Tec. Find the instructions for the "fluff and buff" over there as I'm a believer that this ought to be done to every Keltec just to make sure no rough edges or tooling marks cause problems. Too many people don't spend a little time on the front end when they get the gun, and then complain about FTFs, etc. later. It's probably true that every brand of gun could use a little polishing of certain internals here and there (e.g., even our M&P's suffer from some rough edges that cause gritty triggers and squishy resets), but that goes without saying on a Keltec. The company admits it doesn't "fluff and buff" them before they go out the door, but that's o.k. when you're only paying $259 for a base model. One more thing, get yourself an Uncle Mike's slip-on grip in the small size for more control. Those DPX rounds have some snap. Also, I find the Uncle Mikes Size 1 pocket holster to be perfect. If you open the little extra sewed-up flap on those holsters, you can carry your 3AT and an extra magazine in the same pocket with ease.

Congrats on the new gun purchase.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts