MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing some surfing for the 2007 SHOT show updates and someone mentioned the Kimber KPD pistol so, I went to investigate it. It looks like the M&P's kissing cousin. http://www.kimberamerica.com/kpd/

it is similar but has several differences. We'll see if it has staying power and will get market share.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Looks like a cross between a Steyr and a Whitney Wolverine. Not terrible, that's just what it looks like. I think they are going to have to beat the S&W price point to get much of a toe hold. There may be some Kimber 1911 enthusiasts that buy it. Also, I don't know that trust in their service is universal, and their external extractor deal was evidently a fiasco (somebody's head rolled there, I would think). Part of the reason I bought the M&P is the trust I have in S&W. In the end, competition is good for everyone. I think Glock's success forced Smith to make the M&P, after all.

·
Registered
505 Posts
i deffenetly dont like the look of that...something about the M&P just made me want one when i first laid eyes on it...this just doesnt do that for me...

·
Registered
378 Posts
I saw another pic of it on another site w/ Shotshow pics. I have the old 2006 catalog and its been in there for a year - They showed it off at the 06 shot show. Guess after a year they have it together maybe?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts