MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey iv been looking into shrinking down my groups at the range, and been looking into the KKM precision barrels for my 4.25 FS, but i dont reload so itd be purely for the accuracy benefit

and really want to get down to brass tacks and know if there really is a marginal difference in group size vs stock?

aswell as reliability being affected?

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
No one has demonstrated an appreciable difference between an OEM barrel and "drop-in" aftermarket barrels. Only a gunsmith fitted barrel is going to give any appreciable increase in the accuracy of a given M&P.

Grant at G&R Tactical has been fitting some specially ordered Storm Lake Barrels for owners suffering from accuracy problems with M&P9's and Apex Tactical is working with Bar-Sto to do similar.

Short of having a fitted barrel, the next best thing to tighten up groups is to improve the shooter, unless the shooter has one of those lemon M&P9's or is Rob Leatham.

Welcome to Apex Tactical Specialties, Inc.

G&R Tactical

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have owned a number of KKM barrels for different Glock builds, and while they are excellent barrels, the only thing that is gonna improve accuracy is you. Now, if you can hold sub 3" groups at 25yds, off-hand--then you may notice a slight improvement. As far as KKM quality, they are top-notch, IMO, and well worth the extra coin (generally around $169).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts