MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Galco plastic matrix paddle for my M&P. Fit is great, but it feels like the grip sits too high and the weight of the grip makes it feel like the gun is pulling away from my body. Seems that the grip needs to be lower towards the belt. Has anyone else had this problem with Paddle holsters? I love the ability to take it off and put it on quickly. I tried to get a Fobus, as with my Glock, they tend to sit lower, but Fobus told me that the M&P model was not in production for an 'indefinite' period of time. :roll:

So, any suggestions?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I really like the Comp-Tac locking paddle holster for an OWB holster. For IWB I use and recommend the Comp-tac Gurhka, although their new Infidel really looks good and will probably be the next one I get from them.

--Lin

·
Registered
373 Posts
I think if the paddle has any of the holster that joins very high above the belt, you will likely get a higher riding holster. I have a Bianchi paddle, handy but as you noted, rides high and the grip falls outward (Smith 9mm double stack). I think that maybe a good belt might help a lot, but I never wore that holster with a "real" belt. With good paddles, like the Comp-Tac (and there may be others, but I don't have them and don't know) it won't be as much. Look on the CT web site at their adjustable cant. That one has some of the junction between the holster and paddle above the belt, and the result is a higher ride. CT doesn't hide it or anything, they just point it out and their pics show how very well. It rides a lot higher than the normal paddlle there. This is just the best example I can think of and I agree with your general observation. Paddles are a compromise, one I am becoming less fond of.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts