MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm basically a new user/carrier & have received my certification from my enhanced conceal carry here in Mississippi. I'm hoping to get suggestions for a Kydex shell/holster that will fit well into the gun pocket of my 6" Daltech Force Belly Band. I have an M&P Shield 9mm & I don't want to carry it without a trigger guard. Right now I'm conceal carrying off body with it in my rather small purse & I really hate it. It's in a soft neoprene holster & gets hung up on my wallet. I have not desire nor intention to buy a larger purse since I fully hinted to body carry. Although I know I can get just a trigger guard, I want to get a shell/holster that will fit in the pocket b/c it will serve more than just that 1 purpose. As well as serving as a trigger guard, it will also give me the reassurance of the click in/click out, & it will make it easier to reholster after use b/c the pocket itself collapses as soon as the gun is drawn. Especially when practicing my draw. Any suggestions/feedback you offer will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Unless you fasten the kydex holster in your BB pocket somehow (not hard to do) the holster would more than likely come out with the gun. You might consider a “sticky” type holster like the Remora holster. Theses have an option for a stay open tops so it would not close on you after draw. I use a Remora for a pocket carry option with my shield and it works just fine. The added advantage is that if you wish to tuck in the waist band or pocket you can.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless you fasten the kydex holster in your BB pocket somehow (not hard to do) the holster would more than likely come out with the gun. You might consider a “sticky” type holster like the Remora holster. Theses have an option for a stay open tops so it would not close on you after draw. I use a Remora for a pocket carry option with my shield and it works just fine. The added advantage is that if you wish to tuck in the waist band or pocket you can.
Hi, thank you for your suggestion of the sticky holster. I'll definitely keep that in mind. I plan to Velcro the Kydex to the inside of the pocket.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Check out Crossbreed Holsters. They make Velcro backed kydex belly band inserts for a variety of pistols. I have one for my Shield and my 9c.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check out Crossbreed Holsters. They make Velcro backed kydex belly band inserts for a variety of pistols. I have one for my Shield and my 9c.

Hi & thank you, Kadelic for your response. I really appreciate you taking the time to try helping me. My belly band holster pocket seems much smaller than what those holsters seem to be. It might not be, but it looks like it. The only Velcro on my Daltech Force holster is the closure. The rest of it is all elastic. If I can find one that will fit well I'll stitch a piece of Velcro in the pocket then affix the other piece of Velcro to the back of the shell/holster.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts