MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
David Bowie has these two trigger job options available. I'd like to hear from members who have experience with either, especially from those who have the "L" on their pistol.

Mods, I did not post this in the Bowie Forum as this is a question for the members, not David Bowie.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have fired a couple of his short trigger jobs and I have to say they were wonderful. Havn't seen any of the long triggers yet.

I have seen enough of his work to tell you, everything his does is A-One.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
45guy said:
I have seen enough of his work to tell you, everything his does is A-One.
I believe it, but the problem is I can't choose between the two.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My wife has the S trigger job on her full size 9mm M&P. I am not sufficiently articulate to describe this trigger in a manner that would do it justice. The let off is crisp and predictable, there is virtually no overtravel, the reset is short and distinct and every bit of movement is very smooth.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Id be curious as to how the overtravel stop is set up in the L version, and if it would subject the trigger bar to any long term stress.My guess is that the stop in in the sear block. Im sure the dude would take care of you if there were any issues, Im just speaking from a curious viewpoint.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have one of Bowie's Long Trigger jobs on my M&P9. I really like it due to the short travel before it releases. The pics and description on his website matches my pistol exactly. Prior to buying the M&P I shot mostly 1911's and this trigger approximates that movement closest of any striker-fired pistol in my experience. I've heard that some of the good trigger jobs on the XD's are similar but have no experience there.

As far as durability I can only say I've got about 5000 rds thru mine with no hiccups. How it will fare down the road remains to be seen. I did take it to USPSA Production Nationals last week and it performed flawlessly. I wish I could say the same for myself.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Wilsoncreek said:
I have one of Bowie's Long Trigger jobs on my M&P9. I really like it due to the short travel before it releases. The pics and description on his website matches my pistol exactly. Prior to buying the M&P I shot mostly 1911's and this trigger approximates that movement closest of any striker-fired pistol in my experience. I've heard that some of the good trigger jobs on the XD's are similar but have no experience there.

As far as durability I can only say I've got about 5000 rds thru mine with no hiccups. How it will fare down the road remains to be seen. I did take it to USPSA Production Nationals last week and it performed flawlessly. I wish I could say the same for myself.

So we also know it works well in rainy conditions too, huh?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Rainy, yes, and muddy, and a combination of rain, mud, and animal bedding. Dropped mags had to be just washed out. Not a single malfunction, though. The gun just hums through the crud.

Interesting that the video they made showed sunny skies. I don't think I saw the sun until the last day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wilson...

Could you tell us how the L job is setup inside?

The distance between the trigger bar & sear has got to be closed up somehow, right? I'm really curious what that looks like before I'd send it in.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
choochboost said:
David Bowie has these two trigger job options available. I'd like to hear from members who have experience with either, especially from those who have the "L" on their pistol.

Mods, I did not post this in the Bowie Forum as this is a question for the members, not David Bowie.
This is something that interests me as well. I have medium-small hands and shoot mainly 1911s. I've been trying to decide between the L, the S, or Dan Burwell's trigger job. I'd like to get into competitive pistol shooting with both an M&P and a 1911 and it would be nice if the triggers were as similar as possible. My problem is that my stubby fingers won't reach any farther than a 1911 trigger so the L is scary far looking. Anybody shy about upset a sponsoring smith with their feedback is welcome to PM me, but I'd love to hear from someone that has compared the three triggers.

Thanks

·
Registered
225 Posts
I will try to post some pics this week

It looks like David changed the angle of the "loop" on the trigger bar to engage sooner. That makes the trigger the "Long" version. Then he puts a pin in the sear block as an overtravel stop. Other than that I think most surfaces are treated like others' trigger jobs. I'll try to fire up the digital camera tomorrow nite.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts