MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am quoting a psot from Larry Vickers on the 10-8 forum.

http://www.10-8forums.com/ubbthreads/showf...mp;page=0#56657

Gents

I wanted to let everyone here know that I am suspending the Vickers Tactical Nighthawk Custom 1911 as of March 1, 2008 - meaning that Nighthawk will no longer accept orders for pistol after that date; only the pistols ordered by then will be built

The primary reason for this is I feel the pistol has become too expensive - paying over $3000 for a pistol that I designed and is built to my specs BUT a pistol I don't personally work on is unreasonable in my opinion

I am not sure what If anything I will do in the custom 1911 pistol realm - I will however continue to offer 1911 operators courses as well as 1911 builders courses

sincerely

Larry Vickers

www.vickerstactical.com

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Yep, I lurk over there also.. I agree totally.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I might be willing to drop 3k on a really good AR, but i'd never drop such a load down for a handgun.

"A handgun's job is just to get you to your rifle."

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those Nighthawk prices are pretty out of control. They are excellent 1911's but sheesh. I'll stick with my Les Baer's.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Maybe Mr Heinie should do the same and really send Nighthawk a message about their pricing.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I've known Larry for many years and discussed this with him just a few days ago. Simply put, Larry is a stand-up guy and he'd rather lose money than have his name associated with something that he feels isn't up to snuff.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Steelshooter said:
Those Nighthawk prices are pretty out of control. They are excellent 1911's but sheesh. I'll stick with my Les Baer's.

Larry, I agree with you - I'll stick with Les Baer. I just got a new Premier II and it was as if I had never shot before! It just, for whatever reason, feels totally different. I've been firing 1911's for years, and love my S&W 1911, but the Baer is incredible. I'm trying to determine which LB will be my next carry gun; maybe the TRS Commanche or the Monolith commanche in hard chrome.

Anyway, thanks for having the courage to do the right thing. That testimony speaks volumes for you.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You have to wonder what his specific issues are with Nighthawk. They seem to be well liked pistols although i think they are vastly overpriced.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Steelshooter said:
You have to wonder what his specific issues are with Nighthawk. They seem to be well liked pistols although i think they are vastly overpriced.

He said what his issues are. It is a $3200 which prices it out of the reach of many and it is not touched by the man at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts