MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went here for 100 rounds. After eye and ear protection, 100 rounds and range fees it was about $45 i think. I also bought 2 50 cent targets that broke the bank. I liked the targets because after using one it told me "too much thumb, too much/too little trigger, breaking wrist up" so I could try and fix it.

Had one casing fly back and hit a guy. I felt bad. He said he was safteying his gun and it caught him on the arm. I was doing a rapid fire of my last clip of 15 and I felt one tap my head so it might have been that one. I apologized a bunch of times and put all my stuff away and walked to the guys who worked there. Then he just wouldn't shut up about lead poisioning. They asked him if he wanted an ambulance and one guy was an actual medic and after cleaning it up you could see exactly where the casing hit him. Right forearm in the direct middle and the casing hit it perfect. After they cleaned it up (and the other 3 workers were asking if he wanted an ambulance) he just kept going on about lead poisioning. I told them what happened and they chalked it up to an accicdent and were doing everything to help the guy. He just couldn't be satisfied. Before I left I hear him say "Boy...First time to the range in a long time and something like this happens. I've never had something like this happen before." I'm under the impression that he was blaming me for the whole thing. It was my bullet that hit him and I do take responsibility but after they were taking care of him I left because there wasn't anything I could do.

Had to rant about that guy a little bit. Just bugs me when people want everything AND MORE and nothing makes them happy. I understand the severity of the lead though and just left because I apologized about 15 times and they were taking care of him. Probably didn't help that he was about 52 and im 23. Probably started thinking "stupid kids."

Gun fired great though. I shold have dry fire practiced a little before. After fixing my wrist breaking up I started to do too much/too little trigger and whatever makes it go between 6:30 and 8:00 on the target. Can't remember but the targets were nice.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Next time go to American Shooters Supply. They charge $7.50 for all day range use. $1.00 for eye & ear protection and $.50 for targets. I spend about $10.00 everytime I go there. Of course, if you're purchasing you're ammo, take a trip to Bass Pro or find a Walmart and spend $21 on the WWB (100 rds). It'll be a lot better than $45. I haven't heard anyone complain about casings hitting them there since I've had some hit me. I know I pegged someone on top of the head with one
. I think their facility is well maintained too. Sorry you had to pick a day that someone wanted to be dramatic about a small incident and from what it looks like, the employees didn't help the situation at all. I mean, I know that they helped him clean it up but an ambulance? Come on.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
tstrenuous10 said:
Had one casing fly back and hit a guy... It was my bullet that hit him and I do take responsibility but after
I'm confused. Was it brass that hit him or a bullet? If it was brass this is hardly an isolated incident. Every time I go to the range I get hit with brass. Its no big deal and nothing to be concerned about. My buddies Ruger spews brass 4-5 lanes over. Its really unavoidable.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have never been to a range without being hit with Brass, that said if I have an option I'll take the rite side of the range as I know my MP40 tends to toss brass over the partition.

You did nothing wrong, it sounds like a guy just looking to lady.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
choochboost said:
I'm confused. Was it brass that hit him or a bullet? If it was brass this is hardly an isolated incident. Every time I go to the range I get hit with brass. Its no big deal and nothing to be concerned about. My buddies Ruger spews brass 4-5 lanes over. Its really unavoidable.

Yeah I'm confused about that as well. If it was a piece of the jacket or what not that flew back from the backstop what sort of distance is this range? I've seen pieces fly back from 25 yards before.

Either way the guy needs to man up a bit.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vegas baby :cry:

The distance between shooting position and the little table is probably 3 small steps or 1 big steps. I think when I was there i would turn around and take 1 step and be reloading.

The ambulance I thought was a bit much but hey...if the guy wants to be like he was I would have been more then happy to bring him one and bill him for it. It was a casing that flew back and hit perfectly. You could see the perfect circle cut when they wiped away the blood. If it was me I would have just asked them to clean it up then check it a few hours later and decid if i was dying or not.

I didn't think WWB would be able to go into an indoor range. Thought it had to be lead free. I was trying to find lead free ammo brands on the forums I'm on (GT here & S&W forum) but I only found online stores. No brands sold locally in Reno or Vegas. Figured it was the reason for expensive shooting.

Truthfully....only reason I picked this place is because its 2 blocks from my in-laws and I had been there before and thought it was fine, I think I had my revolver then though. I'll look into American shooter. I think I should have gone there because gun rentals are $30 with, I think, 50 rounds and I wanted to try a few guns they had like a Sig or HK.

I'll probably never see this guy again and I'll probably have something like this happen at the next indoor vegas range i go to.

·
Registered
269 Posts
lead poisoning from a hot brass burn huh?

sounds like a clever fellow :?

My reloads don't zip out too far, they are just hot enough to operate the action reliably

·
Registered
122 Posts
If a guy can't stand getting hit with an empty 9mm brass case

he is the biggest ***** ever. What would he do if a red hot 30/06

case shot out of an M-1 went down his shirt? The shooting sports

would be a lot better off without wimps like that screwing things

up for us.

Zeke

·
Registered
64 Posts
Should have asked him if he wanted cheese with his whine

What a baby. Lead poisioning? What a wuss. If I were him, I believe I'd give up shooting.

rjs

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
tstrenuous10 said:
You could see the perfect circle cut when they wiped away the blood.
if they had to wipe away some blood I seriously doubt it was from your ejected brass. More likely it was a piece of jacket that bounced back. Either way not your fault, if it was your brass he was standing too close, if it was a jacket the range needs to check out the back stop.

·
Registered
44 Posts
heheh

I went shooting with my brother's friend who bought a 92fs. One of my shell casing hit him in the lip. He bitched about it for the longest. after i was done wtih 200 rnds.. he was only at 50 rnds. He just stood there holding his lip whining. After i was done, i asked him if he was gonna finish. He said no cus it hurt like hell! This is the guy that i always talk to about guns. I get hit a couple times everytime i go shoot, its expected. If i dont want to get hit i wouldnt go.

I dont shoot with him anymore.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I've got a burn on my neck right now from a .45 casing from my 1911. My best friend was firing it at an indoor range and it bounced off the ceiling and right above my collar...no biggy.

Just 5 minutes before I got his forearm with a .45 casing from my P220. Karma can be a b***h!

And in Army Basic Training I had a 5.56 casing bounce off the inside of a foxhole and catch me under the eye, burned a nice circle on my eyelid which didn't completely go away for about 3-4 weeks. That's life, buddy!

Great reason to wear eye protection though. Someone else was firing my P220 at some steel targets in VAB, a casing ejected right into my WileyX lenses and made a nice nick in the plastic. They did their job, money well spent

Man up!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Re: heheh

SLYang1012 said:
I went shooting with my brother's friend who bought a 92fs. One of my shell casing hit him in the lip. He bitched about it for the longest. after i was done wtih 200 rnds.. he was only at 50 rnds. He just stood there holding his lip whining. After i was done, i asked him if he was gonna finish. He said no cus it hurt like hell! This is the guy that i always talk to about guns. I get hit a couple times everytime i go shoot, its expected. If i dont want to get hit i wouldnt go.

I dont shoot with him anymore.

Makes you wonder what would happen if they were required to actually defend themshelves.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Re: Vegas baby :cry:

tstrenuous10 said:
You could see the perfect circle cut when they wiped away the blood. If it was me I would have just asked them to clean it up then check it a few hours later and decid if i was dying or not.

It sounds to me like the fellow purposley pressed a spent casing on his arm in preparation for a false Law Suit.

I have developed thin skin through the years but there is not enough mass in a pistol cartridge to cause the damage I believe you are describing on my arm without someone helping it.

Stay far away from that fella.

:twisted:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Dan Burwell said:
[quote name='tstrenuous10'] You could see the perfect circle cut when they wiped away the blood.
if they had to wipe away some blood I seriously doubt it was from your ejected brass. More likely it was a piece of jacket that bounced back. Either way not your fault, if it was your brass he was standing too close, if it was a jacket the range needs to check out the back stop.[/quote]

I believe Dan has it right. Don't let this guy screw up a good thing for you. I don't think I have gone to a range yet where there wasn't hot brass slingin all over. They can make ya dance a pretty good jig when they make it inside your teeshirt... but I have yet to have one break the skin, burn a little sure. Get back out there and keep shooting!

Stuff happens, he needs to get a grip :roll:

tsix

·
Registered
3 Posts
Okay I know this is a slightly older thread but as I was browsing it caught my eye.

Can't believe what that guy, gezus.

I was at the range last weekend to check on my 24yr old Sig P230 that I had just replaced the springs and done a complete tear-down cleaning on. Second shot out bounces off the right side barrier in a perfect angle to fall right between my glasses and eyebrow. Didn't notice it for second until the 3rd round was heading down range and it took all my will power to safe the gun set it down before I was smacking my face to get the brass to fall. No mark but had to pull out a couple hairs that got singed.

Good reminder to wear a ballcap at the range lol.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Dan Burwell said:
[quote name='tstrenuous10'] You could see the perfect circle cut when they wiped away the blood.
if they had to wipe away some blood I seriously doubt it was from your ejected brass. More likely it was a piece of jacket that bounced back. Either way not your fault, if it was your brass he was standing too close, if it was a jacket the range needs to check out the back stop.[/quote]

Well brass CAN cut. I've had my .45 fairly regularly leave a nice perfect circle on my neck when shootin L-10 with it. Probably form bouncing off a wall or port. Every now and then it bleeds like you squished a mosquito with a full belly. Not much though. Most annoying thing about it is people would see it and ask if I had ringworm. It wears thin. :?

The guy needs to relax.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts