MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m a new owner of a full-size 9mm M&P 2.0. We’ll use this mostly for home defense and some trips to the range. My wife has asked about adding a laser and/or light to it to help her in case of an emergency. We’re looking for something reliable and easy to use/install since neither of us have used or installed one before. Does anyone have recommendations that won’t break the bank?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the Stream light TLR-2 HL G on mine. It isn't cheap but what dollar value is your life actually worth?
I’ll take a look at it. I’m not saying I want something cheap. In my research I’ve seen some models up to $900 that seem designed for law enforcement and would be too complicated to install and use.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I’ll take a look at it. I’m not saying I want something cheap. In my research I’ve seen some models up to $900 that seem designed for law enforcement and would be too complicated to install and use.
Understood.
The one I use is easy to install and use and about 1/3 the cost you posted.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I really like my Olight Mini-2 which is a light only, but you might want to look at the Olight products, in particular the Olight Baldr Pro.

·
Registered
345 Posts
OLight is a Chinese company.

I don't mean to be that guy, but saving a couple bucks while supporting communist China that caused the drama we have right now tanking the US economy, is something people should seriously consider NOT doing.

Below shows the main office contact info, aka where the money goes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
@ Super Trucker - I see your point, but just be aware that the Streamlight that you recommended is NOT made in the US. It is assembled in the US. Check the product fact sheet. They do not state what % of parts are US made (if any) and what "assembled" means.

·
Registered
345 Posts
@ Super Trucker - I see your point, but just be aware that the Streamlight that you recommended is NOT made in the US. It is assembled in the US. Check the product fact sheet. They do not state what % of parts are US made (if any) and what "assembled" means.
Where does the money go though?

My light at least some goes to Pennsylvania in the USA where their corporate offices are.
Yours it all goes to China.

Most electronics are no longer made here, but if one company is American and the other Chinese, that in my mind is a no brainer because at least part of the money supports this country.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts