MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, the new guy from norway is back, HAPPY NEW YEAR to all you guys in here....

Sitting here wondering about some things...

I want lasersights for my pistol, but because I`m a lefty I think the CTC lasers might be useless for me as I cover them with my grip..

Anyone know if lasermax has any plans for making their sights fit the MP..

Seems like a perfect way to not being forced to change the grip I`m used to...

Looking forward to hearing from you on this thread...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, but what about holster-fit when you carry on the left side???

·
Registered
20 Posts
My friend has the same problem, but I hink that if you contact the good people at c-tac or bladetech, they can hook you up with something that'll work for you.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Jeff Quinn from Gunblast.com recently did a review on a MP with CT grips installed. As he's left handed, (as am I) I sent him an email on just these concerns. He uses a high grip and and had no problems blocking the lazer with his hand. He also said there were no problems with with the unit in the leather holster he uses. He made no mention of how it might have worked with Kydex or other harder materials.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Jeff Quinn from Gunblast.com recently did a review on a MP with CT grips installed. As he's left handed, (as am I) I sent him an email on just these concerns. He uses a high grip and had no problems with blocking the lazer with his hand. He also said there were no problems with the unit in the leather holster he uses. I didn't think to ask how it might work in a Kydex or harder material holster.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I was thinking that a LaserMax Uni-Max might be a good solution for the M&P, and it could be switched to my Storm when I shoot it. Has anybody tried one on an M&P yet?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I was thinking of this Uni-Max that would go right on the front rail?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lasermax for M&P

The thing I was thinking about with the lasermax guide-rod laser is that you can still use your excisting holster, that`s the reason I don`t want anything rail-mounted, except my click-on lights for entering buildings and dark places, slides on and off in a matter of seconds...[/b]

·
Registered
130 Posts
Aha, I got you. Here in Jersey we don't have carry permits so holstering the gun is not an issue. I only use mine for targets and fun shoots.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lasermax for M&P

We don`t have CCW-permits up here in Norway either, but I serve in the Norwegian Army from time to time, so I use this gun as a duty weapon as well as for shooting for fun and practise.

The prices in Norway are so high so I don`t want to buy another holster in addition to my Safariland 6377 belt-holster with opption to convert into tactical thigh-rig.

If anyone have expiriences with left-handed kydex-holsters and CTC-grips, fitting without any big issues, I`d be happy to hear about it.

This holster is one of the best restraining Holsters I`ve seen, as you unlock the mechanisme with your thumb instead of the trigger-finger, with the hazard of hitting the trigger on your way in or out of the holster..

But I just want to know, if there are any chance the CTC will fit in a lefty kydex holster or else I`ll just have to wait until lasermax come up with a guide-rod laser for the M&P 9mm

·
Registered
130 Posts
All very good points shovelhead. I am a newbie but learning fast. There are so many different accessories for all these guns.

My son is a lefty and we share the M&P at fun shoots so I was looking for a more ambidextrous sight solution.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey, just got my reply from a nice lady over at lasermax, about the guiderod-laser for the M&Pfs.

She told me that they still experience some problems with getting their activation-switch working for the setup of the takedown-lever of the M&P.

They have a turn-on/turn-off system, but I told them I would prefer a on/off button like the ones on gun-mounnted flashlights ( some spring action system).

As this is my duty-gun, I would`nt want to concentrate on remembering to turn my laser off after firing, Just want it to activate when I press it and turn off as soon as I`ve fired, very easy to get targeted if you run around with that red dot comming out of your gun at all times..

She got pretty excited about this and told me she would take my ideas down to the tech-department at once, showing them to the engineers..

Promised to keep me posted as soon as she heard something.

And I sure promise you guys I`ll keep you up to speed on the progress..

Seems to me that they appreciated some input from the average Joe on what they would like to see in their product-line...

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Personally I think this is good news, I like the idea of Lasermax than that CT. I spoke to Lasermax about a year ago and at that time they told me they had no plans for the M&P line handguns. So, I am too am hoping for a guide rod laser, I think personally IMHO it is the only way to go...

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
shovelhead said:
Hey, just got my reply from a nice lady over at lasermax, about the guiderod-laser for the M&Pfs.

She told me that they still experience some problems with getting their activation-switch working for the setup of the takedown-lever of the M&P.

They have a turn-on/turn-off system, but I told them I would prefer a on/off button like the ones on gun-mounnted flashlights ( some spring action system).

As this is my duty-gun, I would`nt want to concentrate on remembering to turn my laser off after firing, Just want it to activate when I press it and turn off as soon as I`ve fired, very easy to get targeted if you run around with that red dot comming out of your gun at all times..

She got pretty excited about this and told me she would take my ideas down to the tech-department at once, showing them to the engineers..

Promised to keep me posted as soon as she heard something.

And I sure promise you guys I`ll keep you up to speed on the progress..

Seems to me that they appreciated some input from the average Joe on what they would like to see in their product-line...

shovelhead......just my .02. I have the mp40 with the ct grips. I like the idea that I can turn on the switch via a button but the laser will not light up. I can pick up the gun and still not have the laser light up. But when your ready for it and need it you will not have to remember where the switch is. Just my .02!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Thats why you train with the weapon you fight with, so you dont remember to flip a switch, you simply DO flip the switch...

Muscle memory :wink:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That`s very true morgan, I do train with the gun I fight with, but I think the problem would be that the lasermax has to be fysically turned off, it won`t be like the ct-grips where you can just let go of the activation switch. Thats why I told my ideas to the people at lasermax, and as I`m a lefty I would think that the thumb of my supporting hand would be the one activating and deactivating the lasermax, instead off possibly blocking the CT..

But the thing I was contacting them on at lasermax the first time was if they planned on making a guide-rod laser for the M&P sometime soon..

As I said earlier, the woman I talked to told me they had talked about it but had`nt yet figured out how to do it, but she would see what they could get out of my input..

So I think they have a good customer service and the wiseness to listen to listen to suggestions from the people actually using their products..

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Shovelhead....I wish i could remember where in here I was reading this, but someone asked about left handed use of the ct grip if it would interfered. I think it was Toddg who responded with an answer, I could be wrong though! Just my .02

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey tanker, I read toddG s answer too, but I got hold of a gun with the CT-grips on it and My grip was interfearing with the laser, atleast I had to make sure it had a clear line each time I picked the gun from the table.

Maybe it`s only in my mind, but I did`nt fell it was the right thing for me, so I think I`ll maybe place an order for the rail-mounted laser from Lasermax as a temporary solution.

They are easy to hook on and are not as big as others I`ve seen..

ToddG certainly know what he`s talking about and I sure take his word for it, but I feel the most important thing is to feel comfortable with the equipment you use first instead of having to "get used" to it as time go...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts