MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard anything about when Lasermax sights might be available for the M&P fullsize pistols. They're the ones that replace the guide rod/spring assembly.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would like to know too. I got some cheap one on ebay (under $30) that mounts on rail. All is good but calibration takes some time.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I too was just checking out the Lasermax. They have them for the Glock and the Sig's...but nothing for the M&P's yet...at least not on the ebay store I looked at. Gonna check their site see what I can find. I like this design though. I had heard there was one available for our M&P's but it attaches back near your hand on the frame.

Okay...nothing on the Lasermax site other then the S&W revolvers...I think that was what I was hearing was coming out for ours...that style anyway. I like the guide rod replacement though...that way we don't have to change our holsters. I sent them an email, I will let you guys know what I get in reply if anything.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
The one that "attaches back near your hand" is Crimson Trace Laser grips, it replaces your grip insert, and they should be out any day now.

I have heard some rumors that Lasermax has a prototype guide rod version for the M&P that they are testing right now.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Crimson Trace

I emailed them and they advised;

1)only for full size now

2)grip will be only one size (no SM,L)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Lasermax info

I emailed Lasermax last month about the internal laser and here was their response:

"we are looking at the idea of making a laser for the S&W M&P series pistols, right now there isn’t any release date, and I’m thinking it will be at least a year or so. "

I've got the lasermax internal on my G21 and love it, but crimson trace may be the way to go for now (or at least when they come out for the compact).

·
Registered
66 Posts
Response I got was they are not looking at nor plan to do anything with a guide rod internal laser. Something to do with the release pin, and the on/off only being on the left side. After speaking with a friend though...he brought up a great point. He has one of the under trac designs...and he said he is always having to clean the lens because powder dust gets on it. So with that being said, I am more apt to go with the grip as well, and maybe have a different grip handle insert made, along with the front grip if I find it to be too bulky.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts