MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I bought my first pistol, which is a M&P Compact 9. Put about 700 rounds the first day without a problem and absolutly love it.

My question is, Has anyone found any Laser that fits and works well with the compact 9? I went to a few gun dealers and have not found one that acually fits. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Crimson Trace is coming out with a laser set up for the M&P that replaces the removable backstrap, VERY NEAT. Should be available soon.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I heard about the Crimson Trace grip lasers coming out but I dont think paying about $300 for a laser is worth it...

Just looking for something that attaches on the rail that fits good and works good.

·
Registered
692 Posts
One of the small local shops in my area has a very small rail mounted laser that sells for around $170.00. Ican't remember the brand but I'll stop by and get it for later posting.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Sub Compact Laser

The laser that I was talking about above is from LaserlLyte:

http://www.laserlyte.com/sub-compact/index.html

Slug Masters is the shop here that carries them.

The LaserLyte site has them listed for $149.95

Slugmasters is selling them for $119.00. Plus they giv a 10% discount for cash purchase.

Slug masters' phone # is (330)898-6443 they are closed Fridays.

The owner said she would be happy to take phone orders. She said she doesn't charge a handling fee so the shipping would be at cost. Probably USPS Priority Flat rate envelope. I think they are $5.85

She doesn't have a web site.

The store is located in a little area called Center Of The World, Ohio.

The address is:

3028 SR 5

Leavittsburg, OH 44430

If you are ever in the Youngstown area her shop is worth a side trip. She started out as a craft store, had to be a hundred years ago. In fact the actual name of the place is Slugmasters & Kountry Krafts. Her husband put a few hunting rifles in for sale and the gun business eventually took over, There are still some craft items scattered a round collecting dust, but she is probably one of the highest volume gun dealers in the area.

Her prices are very nearly unbeatable.

·
Registered
16 Posts
just for looks

the rail on the compact is as worthless as teats on a bull
please correct me if im wrong but does anyone make anything that fits correctly :?: can BTC or Burwell just chop the darn thing off :?:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Re: just for looks

rim_shot said:
the rail on the compact is as worthless as teats on a bull
please correct me if im wrong but does anyone make anything that fits correctly :?: can BTC or Burwell just chop the darn thing off :?:

That's what I seem to be finding too. Everything is too large for it, can't find anything that is intended to fit it correctly. Anyone know about stuff I can't seem to google?

·
Registered
4 Posts
mag318 said:
Crimson Trace is coming out with a laser set up for the M&P that replaces the removable backstrap, VERY NEAT. Should be available soon.

They are out now, and I've seen them as high as $329 or as low as $287. I'm willing to pay a few extra dollars so my gun will still fit in my holster and there is no doubt that the CT grips are reliable. The only use I've ever had for a rail was for a light but I agree that I havn't found any thing that doesn't stick way past the slide. check out this link it's the cheapest I've found them. www lasergripdiscounters com/product/5060045

·
Registered
16 Posts
CT lasers

I just checked lasergripdiscounters site. It looks as though that laser is NOT for a compact M&P. If anyone knows when one is available from C/T I sure would like to know.

·
Registered
169 Posts
It's been talked about in the forums several times. Jeff from Crimson Trace does post on here from time to time. Last post I saw said nothing is in the works for the compact. I think they are testing the waters a little bit to see how sales go for the full size CT. I would think more people have compact that carry would use the laser more...just my opinion.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Nutshell said:
It's been talked about in the forums several times. Jeff from Crimson Trace does post on here from time to time. Last post I saw said nothing is in the works for the compact. I think they are testing the waters a little bit to see how sales go for the full size CT. I would think more people have compact that carry would use the laser more...just my opinion.

i have the crimson trace for the full size (got here 2 days ago) and it's f'n amazing.

i, for one, would be willing to pay that much again fo the compact version, if they ever made it.

i wonder how many different people would have to demand it, for them to go for it...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm not sure the number of requests it would take but, I know you can fill out the request form on their web site. I've already dropped my request with them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
They told me a while back they hadn`t had enough interest yet so everybody interested send an e`mail to crimson trace! I want a laser grip for my compact in the worst way

1 - 16 of 16 Posts