MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From a prior post, that fell by the wayside, I thought I'd ask one last time for any user input on the Lasermax LMS-UNI ...

... I'm curious about the Lasermax UNI-MAX ...

Lasermax puts out both a red UNI-MAX and a green UNI-MAX-G rail-mountable laser.

The green is still very pricey (around $350), but I've found the red UNI-MAX available for $130 + about $5 s/h.

Does anyone know if it's a quality product?

I've heard of folks having problems with the some rail-mountable lasers coming loose and/or falling out of alignment after running through just a single magazine.

Thus far, it looks like a picatinny or weaver solution is the only way to go for a lefty and righty who share the same pistol.

Many thanks for any suggestions and advice!

Cet.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have one and it works fine. The laser pulses, which makes it easier to see quickly. The unit itself is small and very light weight.

The cons for me are that it is extremely easy to turn on accidentally (like during recoil) or just putting your gun back in your range bag. Second, it is basically worthless in sunlight. Inside my house it is bright and easy to see - outside you can't really see it.

And finally, probably the biggest negative is that you won't be able to use your existing MP holster with this laser (or anything for that matter) on the rail. I could not even put it in a generic Uncle Mike's nylon holster with it on.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have this laser on my CX4 Storm on the pullout rail. It is nice enough, works well in lower light situations. I am not a fan of lasers on tactical/carry weapons; I use them to help me spend money at the range. Like snscott pointed out, outdoor day use is pretty much out, but it works great at the indoor range, and if you are in to the lasers for tactical use I am sure it would work ok on a home defense gun. It is very small and light weight, the rail to rail thing does not work out to good because it drops any other rail accessories low enough that no standard holster will fit the gun. Not bad for the price, again maybe not the best person to talk to because I don’t really like the lasers. But I like the red glow right on the tip of my front sight, and it makes me feel kinda movie starish at the range…

1 - 3 of 3 Posts