MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this weekend was the last gun show around here before Christmas and so She Who Must Obeyed allowed me to go pick out my present. After narrowing it down to between an MP45, an XD45 Tactical, or a Glock 19, and after ping-ponging back and forth between two primary large gun dealers' tables for thirty minutes, I finally settled on the Glock 19. I was torn between the 17 and 19, but after reflecting on how I've read on just about every gun forum out there that the G19 is one of those "must haves", I went with that. This makes my second Glock. Interestingly, this Glock is the ONLY auto I have that my wife has the strength to actually rack the slide by herself (she has LUPUS and so this is saying quite a bit - she can barely even MOVE the slides on my other guns).

Anyway, just some gunshow observations and ramblings:

The Stainless Steel Taurus PT1911's are out now. They ran mid to high $600's at the tables where I saw them. They look great and the "TAURUS" billboard on the side is not quite so "in your face".

Got to see and hold the new Ruger SR9, which was going for around $380. Feels really nice in my hand - but I had read mixed reviews so I will have to wait on that one. Looks and feels good, though. The way they were strapped in, though, I could not really test the trigger.

Also got to see the new SIG P250 and man is that thing ugly. I'm talking a slide that is "blockier" than Glock! Imagine a Glock but with a taller slide. I mean we're talking about a competitor to Hi-Point for Ugliest Handgun competition here. Felt "ok" in my hand and the trigger was very DAK like and smooth. It was priced in the mid $600's, so more than $200 over a bare bones Glock, and it only comes with ONE magazine!

Surprisingly, I saw only one table with MP pistols. I think they were mostly, if not all, full size. They had one all-black 45 with no thumb safety and two dark earth's with the thumb safety. It was odd to me that the all black one was priced higher than the dark earth's. I looked at the black one and the finish is now much improved over what I was originally seeing and looks fine now. Other tables had S&W revolvers and some Sigmas but no MP's.

The most shocking thing to me is that this is a pretty big, just almost monthly, gun show here and yet I saw NO HK handguns. Granted, I did not look at every single table in the whole place, but the "bigger players" there usually have SOME. I had wanted to handle a P30 and/or an HK45 in person, but no luck.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
tigs40cal said:
She Who Must Be Obeyed
I got one of those.

Heck...don't we all have one of those???

Our "last show before Christmas" was last weekend. The boss went with me so, I'm still trying to figure out how I walked out of there with a M&P 9, a Kel-Tec PF-9 (been wanting one since they were introduced!) AND a stripped AR-15 lower! It's been a year since I got a gun of any sort (XD-45 Service last Christmas) so, I guess she was feeling sorry for me! 8)

As if that wasn't good enough...I picked up a used (VERY lightly used at that!) G17 today. The fired case envelope has a 8/22/07 date on it. I guess somebody bought it and didn't like it. It appears to have only had a few rounds fired through. It really looks brand new. Here's the best part...I paid less for it than I did my G19 (w/night sights) back in 1999!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
snscott said:
Also got to see the new SIG P250 and man is that thing ugly. I'm talking a slide that is "blockier" than Glock! Imagine a Glock but with a taller slide. I mean we're talking about a competitor to Hi-Point for Ugliest Handgun competition here. Felt "ok" in my hand and the trigger was very DAK like and smooth. It was priced in the mid $600's, so more than $200 over a bare bones Glock, and it only comes with ONE magazine!
A local dealer was selling these for $399 a few weeks back. I was a bit temped until a little googling brought up nothing but horror stories.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts