MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a new forum member, someone recommended I toss in a couple pix of my work. This is the latest build I did for a close friend. Caspian steel officers frame under a Caspian commander slide. Colt barrel, mostly Ed Brown innerds, MolyKote satin black finish. Shoots great. I am not a fan of officers frames at all but he convinced me to build it for him. I tried to discourage him but eventually let my guard down and did it. With the weight and balance of the commander length slide it surprised even me! The gun balances like a dream and is very comfortable to carry. Turned out real nice. I'm pretty proud of it.Ed

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
While building that one, my friend had a new Caspian aluminum frame I worked into the deal and built this one for myself with SS commander slide. Thought I'd share it too.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Very nice...

·
Registered
936 Posts
they need a front strap treatment.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was gonna stipple the front strap in the stainless gun but once I got those double diamond grips I found it really didn't need the stippling. I come from the school that says only the essentials are neccesary for a tool to do it's job, less is best. It doesn't need stippling or checkering so I didn't do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts