MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new M&P 40 on layaway. My question is for any law enforcement officers who are issued M&P 40's. How are they holding up with reguards to reliable feeding of different rounds, both FMJ's and JHP's. And as far as jamming and functioning properly. Any info will be greatly appreciated Thanks.

·
Registered
232 Posts
No issues with Federal Tactical HST 165gr or 165gr Winchester or federal ball ammo, I noticed your other post in GD section just so you know most agencies only qualify 2 times a year 150-200 rounds each qualification so we do not shoot as much as you may think, listen to the guys that are answering your questions on GD section most are avid shooters with alot of range time much more than most municipalities allocate to LE due to budgets. I myself value these folks opinions since they do shoot alot and as a range officer I like to read what is going on with their guns after x amount of rounds.Hope this helps, and by the way we are very happy we transitioned over to the M&P and I am sure you will like it also.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have about 1000 rounds through my Dept. issue 40 cal. Have had no problems or issues with it yet. Don't expect any either, great weapon. In fact I have bought for my own use, the new M&P 45 cal and just love it. Both have night sites on them. I would have to say I don't see much difference in shooting either. Have about 500 rounds through the 45. And to top it off, I'm looking to get the 9mm comp. for off duty carry.

rogero Mi. / LEO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts