MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am encouraged to see the growing lists of LE agencies who are selecting or transferring to the S&W MP over other choices. My question is: How much of the choice of which weapon to buy is cost-driven and dependent on the price that the department/agency has to pay for the weapon?

Would you say that cost acounts for 25%, 50%, 75%, etc. of the resultant decision? In other words, is it common that an agency would select an MP over a Glock simply because they could buy the MP for $25 less than the Glock? Just wondering???

·
Registered
373 Posts
LE gun cost

I'd say that cost accounts for 100%...if the guns all meet the "specs," then only thing the purchasing agent cares about is "which one is cheaper?" Normally, though, the agency specifies a certain brand/model/caliber, etc., based on agency testing...or whatever the chief/sheriff/rangemaster prefers. This goes for agencies that purchase/issue guns. If the agency permits the officers to buy their own sidearms, cost is secondary, but I know of at least one agency that buys and resells the service guns to the officers that went to a cheaper gun as a primary preferred purchase strictly based on cost, so I would say that the answer to your last question is yes, it is possible.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts