MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had an FFL 42 years. This is another example of the decline of .40 S&W popularity. Nothing wrong with the caliber, but 9mm ammo has been much improved and guns generally hold an extra round or two...with less recoil.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I have had an FFL 42 years. This is another example of the decline of .40 S&W popularity. Nothing wrong with the caliber, but 9mm ammo has been much improved and guns generally hold an extra round or two...with less recoil.
The .40 round served a purpose for a few years as an intermediate cartridge. Now as you said technology if the 9mm round plus capacity has out dated the .40.
I sold all but one of mine. I kept one to use in times like this when other ammo is hard to find.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was a great deal. I got the exact same thing @5906SW.
It's in excellent condition, looks to be barely fired, and the used mags were barely used.

Ignore the weak wristed .40 haters crapping up your thread above with old wives tales.
...way to go fellas. He was trying to pass along a good deal.
I now own more .40 caliber guns than 9mm guns.
Those that now hate the .40 caliber are hanging onto the FBI 9mm band wagon. SMH!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I bought one of the "police" trade ins from my local shop and have loved it. Paid about $230-250 for it(cant' recall) , looked pretty much brand new .40S&W and only came with the magazine that was in it. Mine was a Brinks Security pistol and has the Brinks logo etched into the slide. I bought it so I could "play" with it and learn more about striker fired pistols. Over the past year, I've managed to acquire a 9mm conversion barrel and a .357 Sig barrel to go with it. I bought another slide to go with it so I can try my hand at milling the top for a Red Dot, installed a CarBo and Apex trigger system, bought a few different spring sets to trade out, and just made a couple of mods like removing the magazine safety.

I call it my Play pistol because I figure I can do anything I want to with it, in order to learn from it and if I totally screw it up, I'm only out $250 instead of $5-700 if it were a new pistol.

·
Registered
128 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Those that now hate the .40 caliber are hanging onto the FBI 9mm band wagon. SMH!
If the left gets more power this coming election and they get a new mag cap ban to 10 rounds or an outright "Military / Police" caliber ban passed, the .40, .45, and .357 Sig will once again be the man stoppers of choice and prices will skyrocket :)

Anyway, I'm divested of 9mm's for .40's and won't look back no matter what the herd does.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
I just didn’t want to have another caliber to have to reload for, and never cared for the couple that I shot.
I do have a couple of 10mms though, along with 15-16 1911s, most in .45 acp; so I don’t think I qualify as “weak wristed.”

1 - 18 of 18 Posts