MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an unissued M&P .40 1.0, 3 mags, VERY BRIGHT night sights, palm swells, lock, etc., blue plastic box. I bought it from BUD'S GUNS this past Wednesday and received it yesterday at my FFL (my cousin).
The gun looks brand new, maybe fired at the factory. My cousin stated it was the latest updated version of the 1.0 because of the barcode scan on the slide. What updates is he talking about?
Can someone tell me an about born on date? S&W will be closed tomorrow, MEMORIAL DAY, and I can't wait until Tuesday. Thank You!
HLE52XX

Attachments

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Is the label still on the blue gun case...???
If it is, post a pic, we`ll tell you its birthdate... so long as the serial number from the sticker on the case matches the gun.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I recently purchased an M&P in .45 like yours. Came in a blue case with 3 magazines, code on the slide, and was told that it was police un-issued. My shell casing has 06/16/14 date as well as on the box.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sorry, I posted the wrong sticker in a previous post. Below is the correct sticker.
If I'm not mistaken, the born on date is November 20th, 2015, correct?

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
made on
11/2015

Nice Gun

I wonder who put the writing on the gun Smith & Wesson
I don't know but, this is a very nice gun. It's brand new!
I know one thing, the night sights are VERY bright!
I wish I could find some grips like the ones on my 2.0. I found that TALON make a granular grip that is 1 piece. After you install it you heat it with a hair dryer.
Any one out there use these grips before? Opinions?
Thank You!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hey, I am new to the forum, but I will chime in. I have been using Talon grips for many years and started using them due to the lack of grip texture on Gen 3 Glocks. I currently run their rubberized version on my Shield 9 and love it. I had an M&P40 a few years ago and installed them on it as well. I went with the granulate (sandpaper style) on the M&P40 since it was my home gun and would not be carrying it. The texture is more fine than the M2.0 grip texture.

Ok, so the Talon grips on my Shield and the Glocks I used to have stayed on and held up great. The Shield gets carried most of the time and holds up to this SE Texas humid summers. Now on that M&P40 I used to have the granulate grips did not stay on as good. I will say that the larger the backstrap you use the harder it is to get the Talon grips installed due to the rounded shape of the back strap. The rubberized version is a little easier to work with on the M&P though. Overall, Talon grips make a huge difference and are well worth the money! My Shield will always have them installed.

·
Registered
189 Posts
[QUOTE=Big Bang
made on
11/2015

That wouldn't be a specific day now would it?
So you are saying it was just made sometime in November.
Come on man. I think the 20 is throwing you off. What would 19 or 21 have meant?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Big Bang made on 11/2015 That wouldn't be a specific day now would it? So you are saying it was just made sometime in November. Come on man. I think the 20 is throwing you off. What would 19 or 21 have meant?[/quote said:
So, I made a mistake. Are you calling me ignorant (stupid, dumb) on a public forum?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No, not at all but the comment was directed at BB.
I actually stated you were correct in an earlier post!
Sorry, I'm new to deciphering born on dating firearms. Actually, I learn something new every day in the firearm world. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not long ago I got a new 2.0 M/P 40 L/E package ,3 mags ,night sights SKU 11519 born date 01 13 17 its been flawless . I got it got 335 bucks never issued plus 20 to my ffl guy. and all the new spare mags I wanted for 11 ea .

·
Registered
11 Posts
@triaxle Well done! I have a friend whose wife told him to buy some guns. He wants a .40, who is selling 2.0 .40s at that price?! I am also interested in magazines at $11! Thanks much.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts