MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually shoot FMJ for practice. I am considering lead for practice. Any problems to worry about besides cleaning?

·
Registered
5 Posts
http://mp-pistol.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=8717

I'm a 'rookie' hand loader, but with advancements in metalurgy/cryo treatment/coatings, I can't see any drawbacks to running lead if shooting outdoors. I've had exceptional results with Laser Cast, 250-300 rounds every trip to the range (I try to go at least once a week) without any deterioration of accuracy between round one and three hundred. I usually run a bore snake through it about half way through my session however.

I will say however that I throughly clean and oil my pistols every time I fire them and I don't mean just swabbing the bore, I take them down. EVERY time... call it excessive but I call them reliable

·
Registered
559 Posts
The vast majority of the ammo that has gone through my M&P .45 to this point has been 230 grain RNL that I loaded for my 1911s. I also have a 1917 and a M22-4.
I'm in the process of loading another 2500 rounds this weekend, and most of them will go through the M&P.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information guys. I currently don't reload, though I do plan on learning. I was going to get some bulk lead ammo from Cabella's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts