MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lovin' my new FS 40....600 rds and not a single problem. The local gun range owner has convinced me to give IDPA a try so I'm going to need to get a good holster and mag pouch(es). Can anyone recomend a leather holster for IDPA? Or is there a reason to stay away from leather?

·
Registered
559 Posts
There's no reason to stay away from leather, unless you want to order one to be made rather than off-the-shelf, in which case they take a while to get. Just make sure you get one made for the M&P, rather than "making do" with one for another gun. IDPA shooting requires a good bit of movement, and you want to make sure the gun stays in the holster until you want it to come out.

Kydex is a good material for holsters, and there are two makers who typically get your holster to you in a week's time - http://www.comp-tac.com and http://www.talontactical.com . Both companies support IDPA and have excellent service; Mike Benedict, the owner/operator/chief cook and bottle washer for Talon Tactical, is a sponsor of this site. I have holsters from both makers and recommend them.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
if you want to leather the Desantis speed scabbard and double mag pouch will work. I have used both in IDPA with no problem

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
choochboost said:
Kydex is generally faster.

+1 here compared to leather the pistol comes out of the Kydex much better and retention is no problem with the good ones. Comp-Tac has many good choices

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Kydex is faster, no doubt about that. Is this holster for IDPA only or will you need to use it for CCW?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IDPA only.....still working on getting CCW permit. Didn't really consider Kydex because of what it will do to a gun's finish (I like things shiney and new). I've read the posts about the talontactical, comp-tac, and bladetech but don't want to drop that kind of cash and not like the thing... of course the bladetech revolution is pretty inexpensive.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
fireroad said:
IDPA only.....still working on getting CCW permit. Didn't really consider Kydex because of what it will do to a gun's finish (I like things shiney and new).

I've carried my full size 40 for over a year in a C-TAC and it looks brand new ,not a scratch. I use the same holster for IDPA also

1 - 10 of 10 Posts