MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a better list of the M&P SKUs other than the ones on this chart?

Or can someone explain what the blue-shaded SKUs are?

My issue is that I live in Kali, and the only two that are legal to buy here are the SKU 307406 and SKU 307606 that come with the magazine safety. I've been led to believe that the blue shaded SKUs are "LE Only", and since I'm not an LE, I won't be able to buy one of those anyway.

I've spent a while searching S&W's site (and fruitlessly tried to call them, phone busy all day) and can't find any info.

I have cash in my pocket for a new M&P 45 and still can't spend it, even though those of you that live in the US can now finally get them.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

·
Registered
298 Posts
The blue shaded SKU's are the LE (Law Enforcement) versions.

·
Registered
415 Posts
SW109106FC SW M&P 4.5" 45ACP BLK 10RD FM SAFE

SW109156FC SW M&P 4.5" 45ACP BRN 10RD FM SAFE

SW109306FC SW M&P 4.5" 45ACP BLACK 10RD

SW109556FC SW M&P 4.5" 45ACP BR 10RD NS FM SAFE

SW109706FC SW M&P 4.5" 45ACP BLK 10RD NS

·
Registered
56 Posts
So will there be/ is there a black .45 with NS and the frame safety?

·
Registered
298 Posts
CBRADGO said:
So will there be/ is there a black .45 with NS and the frame safety?

YES, it is SKU# 109106 *I changed out the factory rear Novak NS to the 10-8 rear on mine:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hmmmm :?: Strange, mine came with NS.

·
Registered
56 Posts
nickdrak said:
[quote name='CBRADGO']So will there be/ is there a black .45 with NS and the frame safety?

YES, it is SKU# 109106 *I changed out the factory rear Novak NS to the 10-8 rear on mine:

[/quote]

Show off...

J/K! Does yours have the mag disconnect or not? Is that SKU for a mag disconnect or non-mag disconnect gun or will one even be available?

·
Registered
298 Posts
No mag disconnect.

·
Registered
56 Posts
nickdrak said:
No mag disconnect.

Now I like you even less...

Funny though, S&W says your pistol, amongst other things, doesn't exist per the email I just received from them copy & pasted below. How would a non-LEO obtain this "unicorn" ?

Hi,

Sorry no, not in our product codes at this time. Only for law enforcement with

these specific features.

We are not offering a conversion at this time for the non mag disconnects.

We may in the future, please keep in touch

Thanks

kf

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Friday, May 04, 2007 12:24 AM

To: Smith & Wesson Support

Subject: M&P .45

Is there going to be or is there already an M&P .45 that has the black frame, night sights, and ambi frame safety with or without the mag disconnect that is available to non-LEO customers. I already have the M&P .40 with night sites, 15 rd mags, and the mag disconnect that I LOVE and want to add a .45 like I described above to my collection along with an M&P .40c and M&P 15T. Also, I heard that there are kits/parts to add a mag disconnect to non-mag disconnect guns. Out of curiosity, is there one to take it off? Thanks for your time. Keep up the AMAZING customer service and quality firearms that is Smith and Wesson!

Sincerely,

Brad

·
Registered
56 Posts
So now I pose this question:

What is SKU 109306NS that Bud's is showing? It says it has a "Manual Safety" (I'm guessing that's the external frame safety) with night sites but doesn't specify mag disconnect...

·
Registered
298 Posts
CBRADGO said:
[quote name='nickdrak']No mag disconnect.

Funny though, S&W says your pistol, amongst other things, doesn't exist per the email I just received from them copy & pasted below. How would a non-LEO obtain this "unicorn" ?

[/quote]

Thats kinda odd??? I have heard of other guys who picked up the same SKU# pistol as mine, but it did not come with night sights. I was under the impression that all of the S&W LE models SKU#'s started with "3" denoting the 3 magazines included.

I got mine off of GunBroker.com for $549.00

ETA: There is one listed on GunBroker.com (SKU# 109106 Night Sights/Manual Thumb safety)) for $599 from Gilberts Guns.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Now Smith's website says night sights are SKU # 109706 but it's not showing frame safety. WTF? All I want is a friggin' BLACK M&P .45ACP with friggin' night sights and a friggin' frame safety! CHEESE AND RICE!

·
Registered
298 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
SKU 109106

10 - 10rd magazines

AD - double action only

LG - large

GP - plastic grip

BS - stainless slide

SL - Novak low mount carry sights

SD - front sight dot

FP - polymer frame

DM - stainless melonite

ZL - melonite

·
Registered
56 Posts
So can anyone tell me what the difference is between SKU 109106, 109306 and 109706? mike benedict? ANYONE? I don't want to just order any of the 3 and pray...

·
Registered
56 Posts
OK, just spoke with Derek at Bud's. They had the SKU # wrong on their website, it should be 109106 instead of 306 and he's changing it. For the record, SKU 109106 should be for a black frame, no mag safety, no internal lock, and frame safety. NS at the end of the SKU should denote night sights (I'm assuming), other wise they are the regular Novak low mounts like 10mm Sonny has. Does the SKU on your case have NS at the end of it, nickdrak?

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
CBRADGO said:
[quote name='nickdrak']No mag disconnect.

Hi,

Sorry no, not in our product codes at this time. Only for law enforcement with

these specific features.

We are not offering a conversion at this time for the non mag disconnects.

We may in the future, please keep in touch

Thanks

kf

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Friday, May 04, 2007 12:24 AM

To: Smith & Wesson Support

Subject: M&P .45

Is there going to be or is there already an M&P .45 that has the black frame, night sights, and ambi frame safety with or without the mag disconnect that is available to non-LEO customers. I already have the M&P .40 with night sites, 15 rd mags, and the mag disconnect that I LOVE and want to add a .45 like I described above to my collection along with an M&P .40c and M&P 15T. Also, I heard that there are kits/parts to add a mag disconnect to non-mag disconnect guns. Out of curiosity, is there one to take it off? Thanks for your time. Keep up the AMAZING customer service and quality firearms that is Smith and Wesson!

Sincerely,

Brad[/quote]

You can purchase the hardware necessary to add or remove the mag safety from Midway. Cost around $25

1 - 20 of 27 Posts