MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what everybody's department issues for duty weapons/ back-up weapons? The Sheriff's Department I work for issues the MP .40, with our detectives carrying Glock 27's. My department does not currently issue back-up weapons, but as long as you can qualify with it, and it is a .380 or larger caliber it is ok to carry a second weapon.

Taser, Taser, Taser......

·
Registered
15 Posts
The Sheriffs Dept I'm with issues Beretta 96 .40 cals to us deputies and to the detectives and supervisors the px4 .40 cal's. They are considering switching to Glock 22 .40's later this year. we will see. As far as back up weapons it is about the same .380's and above if you can qualify with it.

Smith & Wesson M&P 40

Ruger sp101 .357

Ruger single six

Stoeger Cougar 8000

·
Registered
45 Posts
Issue G22-G23-G27

There are approved weapons list if you want to carry a personally owned weapon

No backups issued..again you want one you buy it and qualify

·
Registered
373 Posts
Our department issues the Sig P229R in .357 Sig, as for off-duty, anything above .380 from a reputable manufacturer (whatever that means).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Department issues Glock 21's for patrol, and I carried a Glock 27 as a Detective. That was until I got my M&P357c, which I carry all of the time now. Personal choice.

·
Registered
32 Posts
We just upgraded from Glock 23's to Glock 22's, with the 27 as a special assignment gun. As for off duty, same as everybody else here pretty much, if you can qualify w/ it, you can carry it.

Sheriff's Dept in my area just switched to full size M&P .45's, I am pretty jealous.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I asked a MN DNR Officer and he said they use Glocks in .40 S&W

·
Registered
315 Posts
Ok, quick question. Obviously I'm not a LEO, but why would a department issue different types of weapons to detectives-patrol? Just curious, thanks.

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
I was a Deputy for six years and our department didn't issue sidearms, some of the Deputies were issued Mini 14's, I never understood how it was determined who was issued a rifle and who wasn't, I carried an M1 Carbine and a Mossberg 500 pump action shotgun in my personal car, both of which I already owned. Everybody drove their own personal cars or pickups, we got paid mileage.

Currently the same department has county owned patrol cars, I don't know if they issue any weapons.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sig Sauer P226 and P229 in 9mm. As most Fed agencies do....except for the FBI, but they are just a bunch of lawyers and accountants:shock:HRT operators exempt of course.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts