MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
For those that don't know, NJ does not have a "stand your ground law" or "castle law"...

If someone breaks into your home, you are obligated by law to retreat, ie run out the back door or climb out a window, and if those two options are not available, your expected to barricade yourself in whatever room you is available to you and not fire until the baddies break down the door. You'll likely get charged with manslaughter otherwise...

...new bill up for '07, proposing home owner should have to fellate all bad guys and then serve them tea. :roll:

Sorry you even have to consider this ammo for "home defense" zippy :?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yup, the peoples republic of Joisey is truely twisted in that regard.

*I just edited out a long rant about the peoples republic of Joisey*

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For now what ClosetCaseNerd said is about right. Alot of people are keeping an eye on this though;

Fifteen states have enacted self-defense laws during the last two years, expanding the right to use deadly force. In New Jersey, where a similar bill is awaiting debate in the Assembly, supporters argue that "stand-your-ground" laws protect crime victims from possible prosecution for defending themselves.

http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?qstr=e...2Y3dnFlZUVFeXky

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not only protection from prosecution, but also from civil suit for interfering with the bg's right to ply his craft.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Actually, IIRC from reading the state statutes, you do not have an obligation to retreat form your home in NJ. It's about the only place you don't. However, you are not granted any protection form criminal charges or civil liability.

Which basically means you will be processed as if you comitted a crime even if in the end lethal force was justified. So much for innocent until proven guilty. NJ likes to work it the other way aorund.

Less lethal ammo will do jack for you. A firearm is a deadly weapon, you won't catch any breaks. The very fact tht it is "less" lethal means it is still potentially lethal, and thus a deadly weapon and lethal force.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Plus, if the bg survives, there two sides of the story being told.

·
Registered
77 Posts
ah the despotic times we live in.

havent seen less lethal ammo sold with availability to common citizens.

while its called less lethal it can still be lethal atleast I know the shotgun ammo can be.

perhaps try 22lr for similar affect

it truely would be great if partisan bickering would end and all parties would recognize the tyranny and despotism we have in this country instead of feeding off of any side exacting revenge a similar and cruel act on liberty and freedom.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I actually would like nothing better than to put a federal round in a bad guy. I was looking in the CORBON website and saw that round. Just wanted to get someone's opinion.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Tone it down a bit, we don't want anyone talking about shooting anyone else.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
im happy that florida has finally did away with their run and hide law.. but i think i will still be picking up a set of non-lethal rounds just because u can never be to safe. Now i know with our current system, the bad guy will most likely get away after a very short time. but i rather not be one of those few that have been found guilty and sent to jail in a self defense case. Very disturbing that we have to think that extra second we may not have but with non lethal round in the chamber this may help our cause of right to defend.

besides i have never shot anybody nor do i look forward to a day where i would have to, but i have to say i will defend my home, friends, family and the helpless.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Missouri, a somewhat rural state, also has this retreat law. I don't know how I feel about it, I do know however, that I like the rest of members on here would rather spend 20 years in prison than stand by and watch anything happen to my family, knowing that I have the potential to stop it. On a second note, the glasser rounds are a great concept, especially for home defense ( the fact they will not penetrate through walls). The only complaint I have heard about them is that neither of the two varieties will penetrate thick clothing too well, that being said I have hornady tap's in my bedstand M&P.

The thing to remember is that your last resort is to fire, but unfortunately sometimes it may come to that.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I orderd a set of these and got them last week. That are made from probably once fired brass with a rubber ball for a projectile. You have to hold the slide while you rack it, if you let it slam forward it will not load right. I rubbed a small about of lube on the rubber and that let it feed smoother. Having to hold the slide while you rack it isn't as bad or slow as it sounds.

I fired a round at the range .... quiet as all hell & virtually no recoil. It fired fiarly accurate but it doesn't move the slide at all, after you fire you have to rack the slide yourself.

As the first round in the mag it's not a bad option, it at least says "I tried". I think it's good for the more screwed up states like NJ :roll:

·
Registered
180 Posts
I found this thread interesting. Hadn't heard of less lethal out of a handgun. Not sure if it would have enough power to persuade a bad guy. From a civil liability standpoint, any weapon using less than lethal ammo should not be mixed with lethal. I.e., separated by different color and marked less lethal.
Reason I don't faith in any handgun rubber bullet, is I have never been impressed even with our 12g LLSG rounds.
I have seen it used on two occasions. Both times it failed to incapacitate the person or force them to drop their weapon. Even from three feet away.

40mm rubber bullet though, that's heavier and got a punch.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
40mm rubber bullet though, that's heavier and got a punch.
As does a Coast Guard fire hose to the face. That includes swinging the nozzle. :laughing:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts