MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I find either, additional new grip inserts or aftermarket textured grip inserts for the 2.0 Compact?

The factory insets are so textured they cling to my shirts creating printing.

Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
My suggestion would be to contact S&W directly and purchase a replacement and sand it down to your liking.
I'm not aware of anyone making aftermarket inserts for M&P's

Hogue may offer something. Another option may be a Talon grip.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Another option is to take some sandpaper and knock down the sharp points on them?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Considered sanding. I'm somewhat concerned that the small threads of plastic left over after the sanding may leave it even more catchy.

Has anyone tried this?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have not but thats why I suggested buying a second one from S&W. They are fairly inexpensive I believe and if you aren't happy with the results you still have your untouched original.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Here's another thread on your concern:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Where can I find either, additional new grip inserts or aftermarket textured grip inserts for the 2.0 Compact?

The factory insets are so textured they cling to my shirts creating printing.

Thanks!
Which size insert do you use , I picked up a case and it had an extra set in it I would be willing to part with one

·
Registered
3 Posts
Considered sanding. I'm somewhat concerned that the small threads of plastic left over after the sanding may leave it even more catchy.

Has anyone tried this?
I have sanded the insert, and the frame itself, on my full-size, compact, and 3.6” compact. It is super easy. Took about 20 seconds. Use a fine grit sandpaper, calms the texture right down, but leaves plenty of grip. Does not leave bits of polymer hanging off the grip. I only sanded the left side of my grip/inset, because that is the only part against my body. Practice on one of the inserts that you might never use, such as (in my case). the largest one.

·
Registered
74 Posts
After sanding, wipe the grip down with an alchohol pad...that will remove any particles or residue left over....that's what I did to mine and works

·
Registered
51 Posts

Has anyone tried this?Yes. To a 2.0 9C and a 2.0 40C. Either sandpaper or try one of the extra inserts and use it like a file. I was eating up T-shirts till I dulled the points.
Didn't lose any control and gained a little comfort.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts