MP-Pistol Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Went to the range yesterday. Not a lot of time to shoot. Shot 46 rounds. Shot both included Mags twice. I like the trigger over my M&P 2.0 4 inch. Smooth. Sites seem dead on. I am not experienced like you guys here. But, I put almost all of the rounds in target center. Probably 3 inch circle. Better than my M&P, which I think stills pulls a little left. Probably needs a slight adjustment. I have average hands. But, thought the 10 round Mag did not give me enough lower area for a comfortable grip. Once I get several Mags, the 13 round ones will be main ones. The 10 round last resort.

Talked to S&W yesterday, they said the new Mags should start coming out in few weeks. Not sure what " a few weeks" is. But, I need 4 of them. Can't find any anywhere.

All in all it felt very good shooting it---

Only downside for me is that it is still fairly firm on racking while disassembling and reassembling gun. More so than my M&P 2.0, But not near as bad as my Shield 2.0 I bought last spring and had to trade in for the M&P 2.0. But, still very manageable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I saw that and watched. Honest Outlaw always has good reviews. Agree on the order too. I hope I can make my purchase before they become hard to find.

Looking for IWB holsters and Leather belts with steel inserts. Urban Carry Lockleather, Alien Gear 4.0 IWB Comfort Fit. And Bigfoot Belts. All seem good quality.
I agree I enjoy Honest Outlaws channel he's very informative and straight forward in his reviews. As far as belt I've loved my Nexbelt ratchet tactical gun belt. Now that you bought the Plus what do you think after your trip to the range? And about your other post in regards to magazines - unless you're willing to pay $100 + on gun broker everyone online and locally says to check back in 2-4 weeks all mags are going towards the new guns being purchased.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
I did a review 2 posts up on it. Very nice.

·
Registered
Smith & Wesson Shield Plus
2 Posts
Really like mine a lot! Agree with the non-flush 13-round mag being kinda annoying. Just feels a little wobbly...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
I bought the new Shield Plus a few weeks back and for the most part, it's pretty decent. For a small gun it does seem to handle recoil quite well. It's less snappy than my 43x and feels pretty good in the hand. The one thing that bothers me though is how there is such a large gap between the 13 round extended mag and the mag well. It is far from flush when the extended mag is inserted, and I can actually feel it moving around a bit when firing at the range. Not sure if there is an issue with my extended mag, or if that's how they all are, but to me its really annoying lol.
Don't get the Hellcat. It has a gap and it can/will pinch the palm of your hand when shooting it.
My old Shields extended mags have that gap too as do my XD-S and XD-M Nearly any polymer frame gun will have a gap with the extended mag.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts