MP-Pistol Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Went to the range yesterday. Not a lot of time to shoot. Shot 46 rounds. Shot both included Mags twice. I like the trigger over my M&P 2.0 4 inch. Smooth. Sites seem dead on. I am not experienced like you guys here. But, I put almost all of the rounds in target center. Probably 3 inch circle. Better than my M&P, which I think stills pulls a little left. Probably needs a slight adjustment. I have average hands. But, thought the 10 round Mag did not give me enough lower area for a comfortable grip. Once I get several Mags, the 13 round ones will be main ones. The 10 round last resort.

Talked to S&W yesterday, they said the new Mags should start coming out in few weeks. Not sure what " a few weeks" is. But, I need 4 of them. Can't find any anywhere.

All in all it felt very good shooting it---

Only downside for me is that it is still fairly firm on racking while disassembling and reassembling gun. More so than my M&P 2.0, But not near as bad as my Shield 2.0 I bought last spring and had to trade in for the M&P 2.0. But, still very manageable.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I saw that and watched. Honest Outlaw always has good reviews. Agree on the order too. I hope I can make my purchase before they become hard to find.

Looking for IWB holsters and Leather belts with steel inserts. Urban Carry Lockleather, Alien Gear 4.0 IWB Comfort Fit. And Bigfoot Belts. All seem good quality.
I agree I enjoy Honest Outlaws channel he's very informative and straight forward in his reviews. As far as belt I've loved my Nexbelt ratchet tactical gun belt. Now that you bought the Plus what do you think after your trip to the range? And about your other post in regards to magazines - unless you're willing to pay $100 + on gun broker everyone online and locally says to check back in 2-4 weeks all mags are going towards the new guns being purchased.

·
Read Only
91 Posts
I bought the new Shield Plus a few weeks back and for the most part, it's pretty decent. For a small gun it does seem to handle recoil quite well. It's less snappy than my 43x and feels pretty good in the hand. The one thing that bothers me though is how there is such a large gap between the 13 round extended mag and the mag well. It is far from flush when the extended mag is inserted, and I can actually feel it moving around a bit when firing at the range. Not sure if there is an issue with my extended mag, or if that's how they all are, but to me its really annoying lol.
Don't get the Hellcat. It has a gap and it can/will pinch the palm of your hand when shooting it.
My old Shields extended mags have that gap too as do my XD-S and XD-M Nearly any polymer frame gun will have a gap with the extended mag.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Don't get the Hellcat. It has a gap and it can/will pinch the palm of your hand when shooting it.
My old Shields extended mags have that gap too as do my XD-S and XD-M Nearly any polymer frame gun will have a gap with the extended mag.
Thanks for the tip. I don't have any interest in the hellcat, but I do already own the XDS Mod 2. Besides the 9 round mag extension that comes with that, I also bought the 8 round mag extension. The gap isn't really there on the 8rd, (see first pic) and even though the gap is big enough to watch tv through on the 9rd, neither mag extension affects the grip at all (to me at least). I don't feel any wobble or gap movement when racking the slide, dry firing, etc. The mags are pretty flush up front, and do have the gap in the back. Maybe the grip safety plays a part into why I don't feel movement or even notice any gap really. I have also tried the extended mag on the new Ruger max-9 and even though there is a gap with the 12 round extended, it too is barely noticeable. Not sure why the Shield Plus extended mag feels like I'm carrying a toilet seat at the end of a gas station bathroom key lol

Bumper Gun accessory Auto part Metal Tool

Camera accessory Rectangle Fashion accessory Font Rock

·
Read Only
91 Posts
You know the black rubber bands women use on their hair? Put one of those around the base of the Shield Plus mag. It will fill the gap and stop any rattle. I read where people were doing that and it worked

·
Registered
29 Posts
I haven’t had a chance to grab some of those bands yet, but I did have an old Hogue grip laying around, so I figured I would cut it to fit the Shield Plus. Not the most beautiful job, but it does fit nicely without movement, and I don’t feel the wobble at all now with the extended mag inserted.

Air gun Grey Trigger Automotive design Composite material

·
Registered
1 Posts
You know the black rubber bands women use on their hair? Put one of those around the base of the Shield Plus mag. It will fill the gap and stop any rattle. I read where people were doing that and it worked
A little off topic. How much wear did your Sheild Plus show when you got it "new"? My ejection port cover is really scratched, and have a yellowish residue around the firing pin. Got it today , and yes the extended mag gap is horrendous, considering the record S&W have.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought the new Shield Plus a few weeks back and for the most part, it's pretty decent. For a small gun it does seem to handle recoil quite well. It's less snappy than my 43x and feels pretty good in the hand. The one thing that bothers me though is how there is such a large gap between the 13 round extended mag and the mag well. It is far from flush when the extended mag is inserted, and I can actually feel it moving around a bit when firing at the range. Not sure if there is an issue with my extended mag, or if that's how they all are, but to me its really annoying lol.
I agree with you 100%. Picked up a PC Shield Plus 3.1. LOVE everything about it except the feel with the 13 round mag. It just feels wonky to me. Everything functioned fine but I pretty much kept my finger off the extension when using the 13 round mag. Too much movement for me. I’ve pretty much decided to get 10 round mags and keep the one 13 round mag to use as a spare. Other then that LOVE the PC plus . It functioned perfect. I also own a PC Shield in 45 and it too has been amazing.

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
I usually will put close to 500 rounds through a gun before I feel comfortable making it my edc.
That's one good range day for me.:cool:

Reactions: Super Trucker

·
Registered
38 Posts
I agree with you 100%. Picked up a PC Shield Plus 3.1. LOVE everything about it except the feel with the 13 round mag. It just feels wonky to me. Everything functioned fine but I pretty much kept my finger off the extension when using the 13 round mag. Too much movement for me. I’ve pretty much decided to get 10 round mags and keep the one 13 round mag to use as a spare. Other then that LOVE the PC plus . It functioned perfect. I also own a PC Shield in 45 and it too has been amazing.
My hand size is such that I find the 9mm/.40 Shield to be a touch small for me and actually shoot the .45 better due to its slightly larger grip size.

If you don't mind my asking how do you feel the Plus compares? Is the additional thickness enough to make up for the lost depth (Front to Rear) compared to the .45?

·
Registered
2 Posts
My hand size is such that I find the 9mm/.40 Shield to be a touch small for me and actually shoot the .45 better due to its slightly larger grip size.

If you don't mind my asking how do you feel the Plus compares? Is the additional thickness enough to make up for the lost depth (Front to Rear) compared to the .45?
I have small hands so for me the grip of the Plus as well as the 45 both feel good. I think that the grip of the 45 Shield is thinner but a little longer then the plus. I also think that the slightly added thickness of the plus makes them pretty equal in trigger reach. The PC Plus is very nice. I’ve had several 45’s and for me I shoot the Shield 45 best. It’s amazingly accurate and controllable especially considering the size.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Late to the party but after shooting mine for the first time that was a con for me but an otherwise nice pistol.

·
Registered
M2.0 9mm Full-size, M2.0 Compact w/Vortex Venom, Shield Plus PC, M&P22C, BG380,
14 Posts
I just picked up my new Shield Plus PC today and made it to the range. I had the M2.0 model for about a year, but wanted to get the extra capacity and was looking forward to the slightly larger grip to accommodate the double-stack. I also appreciate that my existing holsters will work.

I need to work on my shooting - I was way left at 7 yards on a consistent basis, but I won't blame the gun. I loved the ported barrel and almost total lack of snap. I like the trigger a lot as well. I do NOT however like the fiber optic sights. I could barely even see them in the indoor range, I hate to think what a parking lot at midnight will be like.

The other downside is the guide rod broke on the first time I was reassembling. Very disappointing, but I hope S&W sends a new one soon. I have a separate thread on that in this forum

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone! First time posting here, also first time S&W owner - just purchased my second handgun - fell in love with the Shield Plus w/o TS when I went to my LGS tried out that crisp trigger and how it fit in my hand. My first pistol I purchased a year ago right when the **** hit the fan w covid, but had been wanting to get a firearm for some time previously. I decided on a Springfield XD9 4" service model based on price point and safety features. Fast forward a year and I began to get super antsy about getting something smaller/lighter for EDC. I had been searching for a micro compact but the hellcat and P365 all were way too small and I was not at all comfortable doing the 3 finger grip and worrying about fumbling a gun when trying to get a good purchase from the holster. One month ago S&W drops this thing and I am hooked right away! I have big hands and this fits me just perfect - the ergonomics on this gun are fantastic! Just today popped the cherry on it and put 50 rds downwind as soon as I got it. Shoots like a dream. Only quarks so far I haven't really liked is the decocking sear when field stripping the gun and the fact when you remove the mag and eject one from the chamber my Hornady critical defense ammo gets stuck square in between the loaded barrel indicator and the back of the slide - only falls out when clearing while the port is facing down. I know this post isn't brief, leading into several subjects but - I'm super excited about this gun; we all know this platform is a popular trend w manufacturers as they come out with more features in a micro-compact double stack pistol and so I want to know what people think of this gun; their likes and dislikes so far about the gun, any known issues they may be having and what their EDC setup is like with the Shield Plus. Also anyone know where to get spare mags? 😉🤣🤣
Here’s a con, right out of the box the sear pin falls out. I have spare mags, brand new to sell because when I get the gun back I will sell cause cannot trust it

·
Registered
4 Posts
I saw that and watched. Honest Outlaw always has good reviews. Agree on the order too. I hope I can make my purchase before they become hard to find.

Looking for IWB holsters and Leather belts with steel inserts. Urban Carry Lockleather, Alien Gear 4.0 IWB Comfort Fit. And Bigfoot Belts. All seem good quality.
I watched honest outlaw too, He got one that worked, mine out of the box has parts falling out of it!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts