MP-Pistol Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

· Registered
8,434 Posts
Please delete, duplicate message...

· Registered
8,434 Posts
What parts fell out?
In his previous post he claims "right out of the box the sear pin falls out".

Some folks have had one of the roll pins walk a mm or so after several thousand rounds, but i've never heard of one going any further than that. Unlikely it's the claimed "sear pin" since the M&P has a stainless steel frame member securing both sides of the sear block. It would be like the cam shaft falling out of your car.

· Registered
62 Posts
After putting a lot of rounds through my Shield+ PC and installing new sights, Talon Grips been carrying it everywhere.
Perfect size and I shoot it very well. Great little firearm.

· Registered
23 Posts
I had a shield with the MA trigger. It was awful. I could have added an aftermarket trigger but that would add at least $100 to the cost of the gun. If I could shoot it better, I would have. I stick to bigger full size guns like my 3rd gen S&W 9mm;s.
I know there are about 3 million shields in existence.....people love them.
I just couldnt shoot it well.

· Registered
1 Posts
I saw that and watched. Honest Outlaw always has good reviews. Agree on the order too. I hope I can make my purchase before they become hard to find.

Looking for IWB holsters and Leather belts with steel inserts. Urban Carry Lockleather, Alien Gear 4.0 IWB Comfort Fit. And Bigfoot Belts. All seem good quality.
I have edc'd for about 25 years, am a RET Leo . I have tried all the belts out the and have found that for a big guy with NO butt ,the "Groove Life" (elastic with magnetic buckle")
Is the best I've found

· Registered
3,068 Posts
I got my Shield plus a few months ago. It came with nite sights, two 13 and one 10 round mags.

I took it to our weekly IDPA practice; where they were shooting the Classifier that day. So; I shot the Classifier with it. It functioned flawlessly and shot great. It’s in my carry rotation as my “when the back’s out really bad” gun.
Of course; any of the holsters that I have for my PC Shield 9 work fine for the Plus.

· Registered
10 Posts
I'm new to guns also, but am coming from a Beretta 92 series which is just premium all the way through.
I was pretty annoyed at the "gap" between the magazine base and the grip like a lot of you are complaining about.
I was also annoyed at how hard it is to slam a mag full of 13 rounds into the gun.
And I realized that when inserting the mag, I had to push further than the resting position of the mag base.
So, I guess that gap is there to provide room for the mag to go in far enough to catch into place.
The super tight tolerances just require it.

· Registered
853 Posts
Got one a few weeks back.

Feels good in my hand.

No issues with the mag. to frame gap on the 13 round mags. Just my hand/finger size maybe? Or something about my grip.

Seems to do pretty well with one type/brand of ammo and not with what I'd hoped it would shoot good (same ammo by standard Shield shoots very well) but I need to shoot it more to be sure. The one time I shot it there were no issues with functioning with the hollow points or the FMJ.

As stated by others, it fits the same holster I use for my older Shield, so I bought another one of those (DeSantis with the mag holder in front of the holster - IWB type).

I also tried the Lasermax laser/light from my old Shield and it fits/works fine on the Plus (I put it back on the older Shield as the Plus has a Holoson red dot on it.) I may buy a light for it, not sure yet. Not sure other brands/styles of lights/lasers listed for the Shield will fit/work on the Shield Plus, but that Lasermax does.

I like the trigger. It is not as "light" as my full sized 2.0 models with the Apex triggers but the reset is every bit as nice as those bigger pistols with the almost $200 Apex trigger kits. Can't beat that reset feel/function. If I shoot it enough I'll get used to the trigger pull (not draggy or gritty, just a little heavier - I need to measure it, just haven't done that yet).

Will I carry it? Absolutely if it keeps working during the familiarization stages. As much as I like the old Shield 9MM the Plus has more rounds and the red dot.

· Registered
80 Posts
I really want a Shield Plus. But I want it in 40S&W. That’s the only con I see right now.

But I’m not holding my breath, most manufacturers have left us 40S&W fanboys out on the smaller pistols. So for now I’ll have to stick with my 1st gen Shield in 40.
...and the 45.

I got a Hellcat a couple of months ago and had some problems with it that turned out to be reloaded ammo. Got it in my Duluth Trading cargo pants pocket now.

About a month ago I got the Shield Plus Micro. Have carried it in cargo pants frequently. ts only problem is that I can not see the tritium front sight. my old eyes do no work with colors or tritium or Hi-Vis. I have put Glow On the front sight and that is ok, just need to put more on it. Also have a white front dot sight the I am going to put on.

For some reason I had misunderstood that the Shield Plus guns were closer to 4" so did not research them untill I got the Hellcat. Oh Well.

I am not a 9mm carrier most of the time, but I was looking for a pocket carry gun with more capacity that my Shield 40 1.0 and Shield 45 PC. lol, Now I will carry the Plus or Hellcat and the Shield 40 converted to 9mm.

When the weather gets colder I will go back to my 40s owb and a pocket gun as a backup.

And, Yes the Shield Plus and the Hellcat will work very well in Cargo pants ockets.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts