MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to fit the CT laser for the 9mm Shield 2.0 onto a Shield Plus? I was able to mount it at the gun store but still hesitant to buy the gun. The fit is firm but there are little gaps along the underside of the frame. Not sure if that's going to be a problem in the long run.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Can't say for sure about the model you list OP.

I can say that I have a 1.0 Shield 9MM and a Shield Plus 9MM. I was curious since no one is listing Shield Plus lights/lasers yet (for some reason). I took the Lasermax light/laser off my Shield (one of the models with the piece that runs along the bottom of the trigger guard with the sensor in it to turn on when you grip the pistol to shoot it) and it installed perfectly and worked on my Shield Plus.

Based on that I ordered a TLR7 for a Shield. When it came it I put it on the Shield Plus and it fit perfect and works fine.

Shield Plus with the laser/light from the Shield (you're right, this is the TLR7, not the Lasermax off the Shield.)

Evidently I haven't take pictures of it with the TLR7 on it, yet.

Edited to correct the attached light on the Plus, it wasn't the Lasermax laser and light combo. It is the TLR7.

·
Registered
M&P Springfield S&W
299 Posts
It's possible they don't list it to fit the PLUS because the trigger finger area is more crowded with the flat trigger???
My holsters for the Shields 1.0 & 2.0 fit the Plus perfectly except for the red dot Plus OR
Looks like the one shown above fits well 👍 but without seeing it in person can't tell if the gap closes up around the trigger guard

Only handgun I ever had a Light on was an Hk USP45Tactical in the late 90s Hk UTL
I have never had a laser on a handgun YET...
The TLR7 looks good on the Shield BTW @M1A4ME 👍

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone 🍗

·
Registered
698 Posts
You asked. Bottom of the trigger guard. I don't think I have one of the inside, but I can take on and post it if you want to see it.

Oops, I did have one of the inside. It wasn't designed to touch in the middle the whole length like the bottom side was.

The TLR7 is no issue as it doesn't contact/run the bottom of the trigger guard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts