MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Otis Technology Inc. has a product called LIFELINER that is a nano-ceramic fusion gun bore liner that increases the barrel surface wear resistance by 800%
Any one know of some real test results on this stuff?

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
do you got a link to that??? I am intrigued brother

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I tend to be a little skeptical but I'm interested enough to read up. My take is that a barrel is going to last 20-50k rounds and I can afford to spring for a $100 barrel every 30-40k rounds. Todd would know a lot more because he has something like 20k through one of his. But I suspect that by the time the barrel wears out that the frame is going to be getting just a tad tired. But I've been wrong before.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Barrel wear is going to dependent on a lot of different factors. I've certainly seen guns with 100k+ rounds through them still shooting tight groups on the original barrel; I've also seen barrels get wasted within 15-20k rounds.

Some of it is luck of the draw. The ammo you shoot through the gun, how you clean and treat the barrel, how rapidly you shoot (generating intense heat), etc. For example, frangible ammunition can wear down a barrel many, many times faster than jacketed ammunition.

The people running Otis are real stand-up Americans who genuinely care about their country and their customers. I'd be willing to give them the benefit of the doubt if they save they've come up with a better mousetrap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts