MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering.... Just drifted out my old stock sight (thank god) and this Warren rear slid right on in, just like it was factory. Just wondering if I should add a dab of blue lock-tite to finish up the instal.

Thanks!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Haven't changed mine yet, so i can't say about the loc-tite. But please let us know what you think about the Warren Sight. I'm thinking about a 10-8 or warren but i'm not sure if i'll like the U notch. Once you get to the range tell us how it compares. Good luck. Can't wait to hear your impressions.

Thanks

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chefdog said:
Haven't changed mine yet, so i can't say about the loc-tite. But please let us know what you think about the Warren Sight. I'm thinking about a 10-8 or warren but i'm not sure if i'll like the U notch. Once you get to the range tell us how it compares. Good luck. Can't wait to hear your impressions.

Thanks

I love it allready!

Reason I purchased it over the others is on many others the sight picture is the Warren has a really nice U - shape to it. It really seems to allow more light in, and allow for a clearer and quicker (we will see) picture of the front sight. Also, I like how it is a smooth and plan finish. I do not like sights with ridges or whatever they are on them.

Still waiting for my factory night front to get in, in the meantime I filled up the front sight blade with silver nail polish as the white paint on both front and rear have allready began to flake out, and I have not even fired the pistol yet!

I am really hoping that I get time to go to the range tommorow, Id like to see if this is going to be one of the "problem pistols".... I really hope not, but if it is, I have a new in box G17 to replace it in the safe.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Thanks Texan,

I'm considering both the Warren and 10-8, and i agree that the plain black warren appeals more than the serrated lines on the 10-8. THe thing i'm wondering about is the warren notch seems to be a lot bigger than the 10-8 sight which looks just like the Burwell sight with the bottom corners rounded. I was thinking that the big wide U of the warren will make accurate shooting harder at ranges out past 15 yards or so. Anyway, i appreciate your input and i'll keep checking in on this thread to see your opinions once you get it out to the range. I look forward to it.

WARNING: Once you shoot that M&P you're gonna need a lot more ammo, they're addictive

IIRC, most of the threads i've read suggest a little locktite with the warren sights, they seem to go in a lot easier that some others.

Thanks, Jake

·
Registered
134 Posts
Absolutely. I have heard of several reports on the Warren rear sight coming loose. Plus, if you loose that set screw, you may need to source one from Warren, which could take time.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got back from Wally World, which is out of white box for some reason. Headed to the range with both my MP9 and my G17....

Be back in a few hours with a report (and a six pack)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts