MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Australian shooter here, very interested in S&W M&P 9mm.

However, in Australia the M&P has a barrel extension @ 15mm (you do the conversion) to comply with our minimum barrel length.

This makes the current Australian version unappealing to me & others.

I hear there may be a long slide version available in the near future, which will overcome this problem (I hope).

Any Ideas, anyone in the know?

Cheers.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Morgan,

We shoot IPSC in Australia, but our semi-auto's (no full-auto) must have a minimum barrel length of 120mm. Basically only full size, non-concealable type firearms (compact/semi-compact illegal).

S&W M&P (Australian version has 123mm. barrel to comply with our laws).

Glock 17A (Australia) (Glock 17 with longer Australian compliant barrel).

Glock 34 (length OK).

Springfield XD Tactical (length OK).

CZ75 SP01 (longer Australian compliant barrel).

All full size 1911/2011 OK.

Police & Military may issue/use 40cal. but civilian use is basically limiter to 9mm./38 Super.

Maximum 10 round mags.

No full or semi-auto rifles or shotguns.

Remington 7615P only just legal (maximum 10 shot magazine).

Double barrel OK

Pump-action (maximum 5 shot, I think).

Hope this makes things a bit clearer.

Cheers.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Australia's draconian gun laws are indicative of what certain organizations and political entities would love to see here in the States.

But I'm glad to hear that you're still putting lead down range, down under.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I shot IPSC with some great aussie shooter in the 1992 world shoot. Any chance youve ever heard of craig ginger , errol ?? Prob dum questions but thought id ask. I had a great time with them. sj

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tungsten,

you are correct & the latest shooting at V.A. is having an impact here through media & political beat-up.

I shoot a HS2000 9mm. (Springfield XD Tactical).

gsteve,

Craig Ginger is still one of our top shooters, representing us (Australia) at the Bianchi Cup International over the last few years.

Errol Thomas is also a well known name within our IPSC community, but I understand his sport shooting has slowed due to personal life.

I know of these 2 guys, but don't know (have never met) them personally.

If someone is interested & wants to give me an e-mail address, I'll find a photo of an Australian compliant (123mm. barrel) S&W M&P 9mm. I'll e-mail it to you & you can post the picture.

Cheers.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Wow what a small world... I was on the canadian team and we and the aussies were all squaded together for the week in london. Craig is one of the funniest dudes Ive ever met. Im glad to hear he's still doing well. sj

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still looking for answer/information to "longer slide" version of M&P9.

I see the new 45 has a longer slide/barrel, looks great. Hope this is what our (Australian) longer slide version may/could look like. Would definately consider it.

Browsing through your sponsors sites & photo gallery, very impressed with the custom work I've seen.

Cheers.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts