MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the hot setup for Production?

I'm used to .120 front and rear, small white dot on partridge style up front and a Bomar style adjustable in the back on a 6" gun, so transitioning to the M&P has been a bit difficult. I am willing to try a F/O front sight, unless someone can point me in the direction of a plain black front sight...

I see DP has a .110 front, .115 rear setup - has anyone gone that route? I would prefer not to have to fit the sights, as I've read the front sight can be a PITA and the Dawson's need some shaving...

I've been browsing at SSS & the M&P Store, but haven't settled on anything yet (haven't found exactly what I'm looking for)...

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
291 Posts
For my money, you would have a tough time beating a F/O front and a Warren rear.

Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
147 Posts
Dave, what I usually recommend is to replace the rear sight first and check the poi with the stock front sight then you can determine the height and width you need on the front sight. We can make a front sight with or without the fiber optic in whatever dimensions you require.

·
Registered
163 Posts
CHIP said:
i am thinking about the trijicon night sights myself???

I think they are inferior to just about anything, in daylight. I honestly prefer the stock white dot sights over trijicon in daylight.

·
Registered
140 Posts
TAC said:
[quote name='CHIP']i am thinking about the trijicon night sights myself???

I think they are inferior to just about anything, in daylight. I honestly prefer the stock white dot sights over trijicon in daylight.[/quote]

Agree 100%. I have the trijicons on my MP40. When I have the extra $$, I am going to have a Burwell rear & FO front put on.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I already had a Speedshooter Front FO at .125" width and really liked it. I ordered another setup for my second gun at a .110" width and like it even more. Without checking it with a mic I would guess the air in between the front and rear site close to the optimal "half-width of the front" ratio. The second site also had horizontal lines on the face which the older one didn't. I like it, at least in dryfire it gives me something to focus on to check my vision. The dot itself is the perfect size, I like mine on the small side, enough to get your attention but not so big and bright that it blinds you from seeing the edge of the site. I even changed the fiber optic out as soon as I got it to make the front bead smaller. I have the bead so small it actually recesses into the site.

Both are matched up with Warren rears.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
The DP front sight is the way to go for front sights. I hve a SSS one, and the dawson design is ramped and allows the fiber to mushroom a litle bit more and catch more light. Not to mention my SSS fiber is not quite centered in the sight, which bugs me on occasion. All the DP sights I have seen have been very nice.

As for the rear sight, I have to say go with one of the sights that are canted backwards as they offer the least busy sight picture. I use the warren tacticals and I'm pretty happy with them, however I lways liked my bomar-ish adjustables to have truncated corners. If you like the big square, the best bet is probably the DP rear sight.

·
Registered
521 Posts
On my first SSS front sight the hole for the FO rod was slightly off center, the new one seems to be well centered. I'll have to check out the Dawson for my future 5"!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got to check out a DP equipped M&P last night at a match - as soon as I got home I ordered up the plain rear & narrow front from Kenny
Beautiful sight picture. Can't wait til they get here. Another gun had TruGrip - needless to say, I'm ditching my tape and ordered up a pack of that too

I'll only have a few days to install them and check em out before the next match, so hopefully they'll line up nicely.

I know the front will take some stoning to fit, are the rears pretty much drop in (just make sure the angles are flat?)???

BTW, thanks for getting it out so quick and sending me a tracking number Kenny
:mrgreen:

-Dave

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Holy hanna - the .100 F/O front and std rear DP sights are great - fast and very accurate.

And the Tru-Grip is awesome. I think I should have done both of these mods before anything else...

BTW, kenny, it shoots POA=POI. I had to take a bit off the bottom and the front of the rear to get it to fit, so that may have helped keep it from shooting high... Thanks again for the help and parts

1 - 12 of 12 Posts