MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a good holster belt for when I carry off-duty, which is almost always. With Minnesota winters I can easily carry and OWB holster, but don't have one. Right now I carry in a Fist IWB holster, which I really like. I am planning on carrying the Desantis Thumb Break Scabbard with lock hole, but I need a good belt for it. I also plan on carrying a spare mag, and perhaps K-Bar knife with it. Any recommendations on a good sturdy belt. I have used the web instructor belts and really like them, but I have found they are hard on the belt loops on my pants and are maybe a little wider in size. I would like a sturdy belt, but one that can fit through the belt loops without ripping them up. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
198 Posts
If you are looking for a bargain, I would recommend Aker dress gunbelts. I find them in the Gall's police catalogs, for about $40.00. I have one in tan and one black, had them both for several years and they are still great. Look good with jeans, and with dress clothes, suits, etc. Reinforced for holster stability. I only have one pic, shows the tan, at least a little.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I wore a Wilson (made by Rafter) sharkskin belt for years and it never showed signs of wear. I'd still wear it but it's too big for me now. The price has climbed since I bought mine but it's still a very good belt that should last you a lifetime. Linkhttp://www.wilsoncombat.com/l_belts.asp

Now I've been wearing a Maxpedition Liger "Tactical Gun Belt" which is mediocre. They buckle design makes tightening the belt more difficult, and the blocky styling makes threading the belt through tight loops or holsters a real PITA. But, it's definitely sturdy and durable ... and half the cost of the Wilson sharkskin.

Link

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies. ToodG, I was thinking about trying out the maxpedition belt, but don't think I will now, it does sound like a pain. I have been thinking about trying out their backpacks also. I think I may try out a belt from Aker. Thanks again for the help. Sean

·
Registered
366 Posts
m4arc said:
I need to find a good belt but not many places make them in the 30-32 range

Try the Beltman, his sizes start at the inhuman size of 29:

http://www.thebeltman.net/bullhide.htm

Santa's going to bring me one for Christmas...at least I hope she is.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
tailrotor said:
[quote name='m4arc']I need to find a good belt but not many places make them in the 30-32 range

http://www.thebeltman.net/bullhide.htm

Santa's going to bring me one for Christmas...at least I hope she is.[/quote]

The Beltman is the only way to go. Follow the sizing instruction carefully and you will get a handmade gun belt that fits.

·
Registered
559 Posts
YukonGlocker said:
I also use a Looper Leather kydex lined leather belt.

They are great for about $35.

http://www.looperleather.com/KydexBelt.html
+1. I've got several; they're available in several colors and are well made. They also go with nice slacks when you're treating your lady to a well-deserved night out.
I've got three Wilderness belts, and though they're excellent, they just don't make it with anything other than jeans or BDUs/DCUs/ACUs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
rondo said:
[quote name='tailrotor'][quote name='m4arc']I need to find a good belt but not many places make them in the 30-32 range

Santa's going to bring me one for Christmas...at least I hope she is.[/quote]

The Beltman is the only way to go. Follow the sizing instruction carefully and you will get a handmade gun belt that fits.[/quote]

I have been very happy with my Beltman belt. I have had it for almost a year and it is a daily wear belt for me. I will be ordering a second one in a different color soon! Good Luck!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Holster Belt

I just upgraded personally to a 5.11 tactical dress belt that I got for about 30 dollars. It is very, very good and you can tell just holding it and putting it on that it is a very high quality belt.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts