MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a light for my fullsize MP. I dont want to buy the most expensive one and would appreciate feedback on ones that people have used instead of buying something I know nothing about. Any help would be great

·
Registered
910 Posts
I have a TLR-1 I put on my G19 I bought yesterday. Works awesome - very bright, very solid, and easy operation. It wouldn't fit on my M&P9c but it will fit fine on the fullsize.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The TLR-1 is a hell of a light for the money.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks I have been looking at the TLR1 a lot do have most people bought their's locally or is their a good deal on the web?

·
Registered
471 Posts
I wish that Streamlight would make a light similar to the TLR1, that would fit on the Compacts!!

Ron

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I use a Sure-Fire, L4 Lithium powered LED light for general carry. Small, compact, tough as a nail (probably indestructible) and at 100 lumens - - - if you can't shoot him - you can blind him. About $160.00 Yeah, I know, I hurt my wrist writing the check but it's worth every dime of it - - - and more.

I recently purchased a Tac-Star T6 with a zenon bulb. ( $70.00) to mount on the front of my household, garden variety shotgun. While it's a lot brighter than the Eveready, 2 D cell job that my wife keeps in the kitchen drawer it "sure ain't no Sure-Fire".

I will probably "spring" for another Sure-Fire for the shotgun and relegate the Tac-Star to the kitchen drawer.

Y'all have a really great day.

BLACKJACK

·
Registered
471 Posts
The L4 is an awesome little light. It does not have a huge amount of throw, but talk about a wall of light. It will light up a whole room. I have a 2 stage switch on mine now. It is shown in the last picture.

Ron

·
Registered
30 Posts
scmp40 said:
I am looking for a light for my fullsize MP. I dont want to buy the most expensive one and would appreciate feedback on ones that people have used instead of buying something I know nothing about. Any help would be great

Please review the Streamlight link I have below, it will give all the details you need.

However the feedback already posted tells you the story. Great light and easy on the wallet.

http://streamlight.com/product/product.aspx?pid=80

On the hand held lights 40-80 lumens is enough. Review the Streamlight NF-2 LED & TL-2 LED

or TL-3 LED as you can buy those for around $ 62-$109.

http://streamlight.com/product/product.aspx?pid=32

I hope this helps.

Robert

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
, actually I do not have the Brinkmann or the Surefire U2 anymore. I will keep you in mind Morgan Walker.

Ron

1 - 15 of 15 Posts