MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, time for a vacation, coming from the north and heading south to the St.Petes area for about a month. I'm looking for a reputable gun range in the area. I have searched the internet and it directs me to sites and then ads and then to other sites but I can't seem to nail down a good gun range. Sure would appreciate any help if someone knows of any ranges in the area. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I don't personally know of any, but, here is a thought. I travel a lot myself and usually find myself in the same position that you are in. I have found local law enforcement very helpful. If you tell them that you are from out of town and that you would like to spend part of your trip at the range, I can almost promise you that they will went you in the right direction. For example. I was in Fort Stockton, Texas a couple of years ago and wanted to keep up my shooting skills. At lunch on the first day that I was there, I spotted a couple of city cops in a cafe. I stopped by their table on my way out, told them my name and let them know that I would be in town for a while working and was staying in a local hotels. I then asked about a place to shoot. They told me of two ranges one public and one LEO and 4-H only range, where to buy ammo, targets, etc., and about a friendly competition that they have once a month which is open to the public. I went to the place of business of the guy that runs the public range. He said that I had to be a member which was $20.00/year. I asked him how much per hour or day was on top of the $20.00 and he laughed. He said, It's $20.00 a year to belong which gives you unlimited access from dawn til dusk plus a key deposit of $1.75. I filled out the one page form, signed it, paid my $21.75 and shot pretty much every weekend and some week days the whole 4 months that I was there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keeter, that's a great idea. I never thought of that and I will do that as soon as I get settled in town. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
29 Posts
There are a few ranges in the area. Shoot Straight moving to Ulmerton Road just East of 49th st. Wyoming Antelope Club-Florida is also just off of Ulmerton at 34th st. Or there is Bill Jackson's on US 19 just south of the 49th st overpass.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts