MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am JK. I am about to get an M&P 9 mm full size from a friend of mine. He bought it 8-10 months ago.
This gun does not have an ambidextrous thumb safety. And they are not easy to find anywhere. I also noticed that many M&P gun owners don't want them.

I'd prefer a set of thumb safeties for two reasons: Firstly, I am used to having them because of my 1911. Secondly, I want an extra protection from my little grandsons, though they won't have a chance to touch my gun without me being there.

If you have them and you don't want them, I will buy them from you. Please contact me at [email protected]. Thank you.

·
Site Staff
9,600 Posts
Welcome to our little corner of the web!

As for the safeties you might want to post this under the Want to Buy column.

·
Registered
141 Posts
JK, Welcome to the Forum...on thumb safeties, when I bought my Shield 9mm I could have gotten one with or without a thumb safety. I always think...I can use it or not. I have always used a safety especially with my Colt 45. Just a habit I got used too when I carried one in the Army. Hope you find what you are looking for..

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin!

I've never felt the need to have a safety on my full size M&P40 or my 40 Compact. I was mildly nervous at first because of my 27 years of military service & carrying a 1911 & later an M9 often. Every once in a whie I find my thumb reaching for the safety, though, lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts