MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at the Fenix P1d and the P2d. I assume the p2d is newer and better, but its less money? And i can't seam to find a real difference between the two? Can anybody shed some light (lol thats funny)? Basically this will be my first light, and will be used for everyday things, like trying to spot house numbers on dark roads, which i come across alot. Or around the house, i really want something i can carry everyday if need be.

Next i wanna get a full size, which im sure will be the p3d, then a light for my gun. I also am looking for an rechargable light in full size. Something i can save money on battery's with.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Get one of the Surefire P6 lights. They are relatively inexpensive and work great. I have had one for a while and I love it.

·
Registered
377 Posts
The P2D has a push button on the end, so it is a little longer and heavier. The L1D uses a twist the head switch. I'd get the P2D. I have the L2D CE because I can use AA's with it. I love it and am never without it. I just hate having to get those expensive CR123A's.

As far as rechargeable goes, I have a Inova T4. The newer model (which isn't the one I have) has 125 lumens. It comes with a house and car charger. Probably the best LED rechargeable out there.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i have found 123's for about .75 cents a piece, but here is my new dilemma. My budget can only afford around $55 bucks at this time.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Inova majorly fudges their lumen count.

I love my streamlight NightFighter 2. Remove the handgun ring and its extremely compact. Very affordable as well. Comes with a free spare bulb (eat that surefire!) and the beam is adjustable.

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
I can't find cheap 123's any more, you used to be able to buy them pretty darn cheap, but I haven't seen any inexpensive ones in quite a while, that makes those newer high performance LED models that use AAs a lot more attractive.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a Fenix P3D and love it. Very bright and I have had zero problems with it. I prefer the clickie tail over the twistie so I would perfer the P2D over the other one also. Just wanted to give the brand you seem to have chosen a thumbs up!

Also there is this page for batteries if you are a member of CPF: http://www.batterystation.com/cpf5.htm

I am going to try the page you linked soon, and for the record I have ordered from neither one as of yet.

·
Registered
708 Posts
you should do a search.. we have some Flashlight enthusiasts. Including me, I got the guy from fenix to give us MP users a 5% coupon from fenix-store.com USE MP5 for 5% coupon

here is the links

http://mp-pistol.com/boards/viewtopic.php?...highlight=fenix

http://fenix-store.com/index.php?cPath=22_55

I have the newest CREE LED Light the P3D its smaller and uses 2 123A lith cells..

if u want to use the AA's go with the L2D

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya i did a bunch or searching, i am leaning towards getting a p3d, a p2d, and later two inova t4's, one for the house one for the truck. Sadly the p2d is back ordered and the p3d is just a bit to much for my gift card even with the mp5 code
. Sad times.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I have the P1d CE It rocks, but i'd be happier with a push button than the twisty head design. I'll probably snag a p3d sometime soon, but the old bank account is still recovering from vacation and car repairs.

I previously tried a 3 watt luxeon based light, but the lack of throw, diminished output, and color rendition made it a no go and went back to my ancient surefire 6p. The P1D has enough throw to use as my EDC, and the color tint isn't as nice as xenon, but they are whiter than most luxeons youll get for the same dollar ammount, plus way brighter. The p1d has more output, but a little less throw than my 6p.

The size rocks, btu the p3d should be very capable of EDC as well.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok I picked up the p2d mainly because i can use the l1d and l2d tubes(1xAA and 2xAA). I talked with Chow on the phone, very nice guy. My next order will be an l0d and the tubes plus a p3d!!

Damn i hate when i get a new hobby, so damn expensive

·
Registered
708 Posts
those orange ti cells are reviewed on flashlightreviews.com or something like that, they REC those cells. cheap and they work. no more 22$ surefire cells, hello amondotech cells!!

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what do you mean REC? And oh that is the website i found them off of, was googling for reviews. Looks like shipping isnt cheap, but in the end a bulk order will be a great deal.

I should be making my first bulk order this week, i'll also pick up some at Walgreens, i wanna play with my flashlight when it gets here and do a comparison review!!

Thanks guys for all the help!

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lol my bad, i had to do a search for edc earlier cause i didnt know what the hell that stood for haha.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts