MP-Pistol Forum banner

Looking to replce trigger with newer style flat face S&W Trigger.

4K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  2aTheDayAway 
#1 ·
A few months back I saw a link to an EBay seller who was, basically, buying pistols and selling their parts. I believe it was in a post similar to my request. They were asking about replacing the trigger assembly with the newer flat face style trigger that S&W is using.

We ordered a new Compact 4' M&P, and it came with the regular curved trigger, but the wife really likes the Apex trigers that I put on our M&P1's, so I was wondering about putting the factory Flat trigger on her carry pistol. I'd rather keep it with factory parts for the sake of the "true or False" issue of legalities of using a "enhanced" firearm for self defense. I know it's mostly hearsay, but why risk it if you don't have to.

Does anyonw have a source for factory parts, where I might find the newer Flat faced trigger?

Thanks,
John

#3 ·
there was a thread, awhile back, where someone listed an EBay seller that seemed like theyb bought pistols and parted them out as spare parts. ive been going back and trying to find the thread. i was hoping someone might remember it, or the seller.
i, like you, got the same answer from Smith.

thanks,
johnm

#5 ·
I'm actually on the same quest for the same gun. I just got an M&P9 M2.0 Compact 4" and would love to find the flat faced trigger from the Optics Ready. I think your best bet is the Apex or if you know someone with an optics ready version that replaces the trigger with an apex. Eventually I'm sure there will be parts floating around, or trade it in for an OR version.
I have the Galloway Precision Boudica Flat Faced Trigger in my SD9VE, it was only $25 and feels great, works great and the price is right. I reached out to them to find out if they were going to make one for the M&P series, they said they didn't have enough demand for it, I also asked if the SD9VE and the M&P's share the same trigger, slightly different so it will not work. He did say that the M&P M1.0 and M2.0 listed the same trigger in the armor update. Well he said there wasn't an updated part number. I was thinking about orderiglng the M1.0 trigger from Apex since it's $50 and the M2.0 is $110 but idk if the design between the M1.0 and M2.0 apex triggers may be slightly different. I just don't get how the M2.0 trigger is over double the cost of the M1.0.

#9 ·
I'm actually on the same quest for the same gun. I just got an M&P9 M2.0 Compact 4" and would love to find the flat faced trigger from the Optics Ready. I think your best bet is the Apex or if you know someone with an optics ready version that replaces the trigger with an apex. Eventually I'm sure there will be parts floating around, or trade it in for an OR version.
I have the Galloway Precision Boudica Flat Faced Trigger in my SD9VE, it was only $25 and feels great, works great and the price is right. I reached out to them to find out if they were going to make one for the M&P series, they said they didn't have enough demand for it, I also asked if the SD9VE and the M&P's share the same trigger, slightly different so it will not work. He did say that the M&P M1.0 and M2.0 listed the same trigger in the armor update. Well he said there wasn't an updated part number. I was thinking about orderiglng the M1.0 trigger from Apex since it's $50 and the M2.0 is $110 but idk if the design between the M1.0 and M2.0 apex triggers may be slightly different. I just don't get how the M2.0 trigger is over double the cost of the M1.0.
Well, I haven't really looked that closley at the 1.0 and 2.0 together to compare and contrast. My wife's compact 2.0 is the 1st 2.0 I've ever owneed. I'd be surprised that there isn't on thread on here, somewhere about that.

#7 ·
I am not Ruger Nut, never owned a ruger and never heard of blue forum.

I had so much trouble with the factory trigger on the SD9VE, I kept yanking my shots cause I'd get impatient and just rip it. The Galloway Precision trigger and spring kit (basically the same kit as Apex) completely transformed the SD9VE into a really sweet shooter. I have the common stainless slide black frame version, I might ceracote the slide black but I love that pistol, it was my first and I don't think I'll ever get rid of it.
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

#10 ·
I bought it in Maryland when I was still living there. I have since moved to a more 2a friendly state, but still have 4 x 10 round mags for it. I bought 2 x 17 round pro mags for it, total waste of fucking money. I couldn't load more than 6 rounds into 1 and 3 into the other, had to take them apart and bend the springs so the follow was str8, then had the sand the follower down to stop it from running the sides and getting stuck, and there was a lot of sanding. And I had to cut out the little step on the follower because it would lock the slide up and make it impossible to drop the slide without dropping the mag. Even after I got them to function smoothly I just never trusted them, I used them at the range a few times but they were a pain to load up too so I just threw them away. Factory mags from now on.

#13 ·
I bought Promags for a Glock in like 1991...
I ended up throwing them out on the ranges hill & shooting them to pieces
Didn't want them to end up in someone else's hands.
A couple years later they could have sold for $100ea during 94-04
They were totally rubbish & no one should ever buy that trash.

Factory Magazines ONLY from then on...

#16 ·
Timney said their alpha trigger is designed to work with all 1.0 and 2.0 models, excluding the Shield. I emailed them back asking if the trigger is the same but the bars and springs are different between the 1.0 and 2.0's, but no response yet. They might be onto me. That seems to be the case, the trigger itself is the same between the 1.0/2.0 but the springs and trigger bar, maybe blocker might be different. So in theory the Apex triggers for the 1.0 will work in the 2.0 BUT if you want the springs, you'd have to get the 2.0 kit. I'd love to get the Timney Alpha trigger, it looks nice AF, but I don't have $180 to blow on a trigger, and at that point I might as well have gotten an OR.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.