MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is only one other M&P at our club, a 9mm, but I haven't caught up with the guy yet, and our season is pretty well done.

I find my FS M&P40 has a very loose slide to frame fit. I know you can see the gap etc., but if I grasp the rear of the slide and grip and work them back and forth their is a fair bit of play at the rear of the slide/striker/extractor area. It's the only pistol I've handled that was like it.

It seems pretty tight toward the 'business' end.

The pistol has been flawless through ~ 1,000 rounds, and I shoot it pretty good. Love it.

I am just wondering if they are all a little 'combat' sloppy, or if mine has an issue that I should get addressed in the off season.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Obviously, can't say for certain without seeing your gun but if it is operating properly and grouping well, odds are there are no problems. The slide-to-frame fit on the M&P is definitely loose. The lockup occurs between the slide and barrel, which is what affects accuracy. The only practical effect of having the loose slide-to-frame fit will come if you are shooting groups without using slide-mounted sights (e.g., Lasergrips or a Ransom Rest). Even then, the gun should still perform well within any reasonable standards of accuracy.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
marlin60 - I just checked mine for you and there is a little side-to-side movement in mine as well. Everything seems fine though and it's no more or less than my G17 or G19.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi,

I just checked my new 357 and there is some side-to-side play at the back of the slide, im not worried about it though, pistol runs perfect.....i think its normal for MP's

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Wow, this is a really old post dug up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts