MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MARGARETVILLE, N.Y. (AP) -- State police have released the name of the trooper who was shot and killed today by a man suspected of shooting two other troopers. He's 29-year-old David Brinkerhoff. State police Acting Superintendent Preston Felton says Brinkerhoff was a member of the elite Mobile Response Team and was assigned to the barracks in Coxsackie, 20 miles south of Albany.

Felton says Brinkerhoff and Trooper Richard Mattson were shot while searching a property near Margaretville in eastern Delaware County for Travis Trim of Saint Lawrence County. Mattson was transported to an Albany hospital. There's no word on his condition.

The 23-year-old Trim is the suspect in the shooting of a trooper yesterday in Margaretville. That trooper was saved by his bulletproof vest.

Meanwhile, dozens of law enforcement officers continue to surround a farmhouse outside Margaretville where Trim exchanged gunfire with police about an hour after the troopers were shot.

Brinkerhoff was an eight-year veteran of the state police. He's survived by his wife and their seven-month-old daughter.

I have worked with Trooper Brinkerhoff here localy and he was a good man, he will be missed.

God speed brother, My thoughts to your wife and infant child and all your family.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Hurts to read this. Even though you may not know the Cop or Soldier that loses his life protecting us Americans it never gets any easier reading or hearing about this. I am sorry to hear this brother! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
49 Posts
As a Mich. LEO, my heart goes out to the Family and Dept. of this downed Officer. You never know what to expect any more.

Roger O, LCSD, Lapeer, Mi.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I am saddened to hear this. I hope the perp was killed or spends the rest of his life in jail.

God speed all law enforcement officers past and present

Adam

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
+2 on that one brother

Adam500 said:
I am saddened to hear this. I hope the perp was killed or spends the rest of his life in jail.

God speed all law enforcement officers past and present

Adam

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Donations to the Isabella Grace Brinkerhoff Trust can be made at any Trustco Bank branch or by mailing your check to:

New York State Trooper Foundation

3 Airport Park Boulevard

Latham, NY 12110.

Please make all checks payable to the Isabella Grace Brinkerhoff Trust.

For information, please contact the New York State Trooper Foundation at 518-785-1002.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
"Heaven Called Some of its Finest Home"

There's a reason I cried

When I heard so many officers had died

The reality hit hard in the life that we live

To a job where people are asking you to constantly give

Some of your finest today paid the ultimate price

And with pride and honor made their greatest sacrifice

The public has no idea on a day to day, what you went through

And how many lives that are now touched, the killers never knew

How you sometimes went to work with very little sleep,

Duty and honor, a vow you must keep

And like most cops you were probably underpaid

But it's a job you loved, the one for which you were made

To protect and serve, is how you lived your lives

My heart goes out to you now widowed husbands and wives

It's a knock on the door every officers spouse fears

And that's why today my eye's are filled with tears

Our thoughts and prayers are for the families that will be without

A mother, a father, a sister, a brother, a husband, a wife who will be missed beyond doubt

May God Bless those who make our country a safe place to live

We have lost so many with so much to give

Heaven called several of your finest home today

A price anyone who loves an officer hopes they will never have to pay

Lord, Watch over each and every unsung hero we pray

So they can be with the ones they love at the end of their day.

By

Jenny Peery

Spouse of K-9 Officer Michael Peery

Anderson (CA) Police Department

·
Registered
49 Posts
Again, my heart goes out to the Family and Friends of this Falling Trooper. As a LEO I have been to a few of these services myself. The video was very touching and brought back memories from the past. The worst part is that it will never end, not for LEO or Civilian people.

RIP, Trooper Dave Brinkerhoff, thanks for the years of service you provided to people of New York, they should all be very proud of you.

Rogero LEO, Mi. LCSD

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you guys ,means alot. I too have also been to too many and they never get any easier and you never forget.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts