MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was changing my rear sight and lost the spring. Can someone tell me what it is for? Can I shoot the gun this way. I will call smith on monday and get another one comming.

Thanks for you help

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
The spring holds pressure on the firing pin safety, to hold it down. It could potentially be unsafe to shoot the gun without the spring. The firing pin safety blocks the firing pin from hitting the primer unless the trigger is pulled. With the spring missing, the firing pin might not be not blocked. You need to replace the spring before you shoot it. There is also a little flat cover that goes over the spring. Do you have that?

E

·
0 Posts
Yeah, every part of the gun has a function. I won't fire it with a single missing piece.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes i have the little washer looking thing. I will not shoot it. I will call smith and get another spring.

thanks guys

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called smith today and they said that they do not sell small parts for th em&p yet. Does anyone know where I could get this spring?

thanks

·
Registered
533 Posts
win said:
no luck at brownell's

No, Brownells doesn't carry that part!!

You will have to send the gun back to S&W

Y

·
Registered
134 Posts
If you do have to send the gun, send only the slide, it is not a regulated item and is far cheaper to ship. Have Smith send the part directly back to you as well.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The springs are available now, the part number is 27749 and is the same for all the M&Ps, full size or compact. I did the same thing and modified a Glock spring that works. But only used this setup to check the new sights I put on. I will not carry the gun until I get the factotry springs. I ordered a few because eventaully I will be changing all the sights on my M&Ps. Anyway, call Smith and order a few. They are less than 2 dollars and it's probably a good spare part to have on hand.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Called smith with the part number. They are going to send it out right a way. No charge. thanks smith. Great gun Great customer service. My hk usp and browning hi power are going back in the safe.

thanks guys for your help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts