MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new M&P 9C for my concealed carry gun. I went to buy a kahr pm9, i didnt like the way it felt in my hand. tried the xd compact, but not me. it was a toss up between the m&p and the sig .380. the difference was the price (about $150 more for the sig) and the 9mm (12 rounds) stopping power vs the .380 (7 i believe?)

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Nice looking fam you got there

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks everyone, going to the conceal carry class tonight to get my license. will let you know it shots tonight.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
bbbdvan81 said:
thanks everyone, going to the conceal carry class tonight to get my license. will let you know it shots tonight.
good luck

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i went to my class and now got my certificate. now i gotta go before the judge.

i got to shoot my compact for the first time tonight. however i got to only shoot 12 rounds. the instructor exceeded his time so we had to hurry the range time. i shot real good though. i actually shot it better than my fullsize. now i need to buy a good holster and im set.

·
Registered
167 Posts
At first im going to try buying one of those 5.11 holster shirts, i have read a few reviews that say they are super comfy and are great for deep concealment. If it doesn't work out i'll get on of those com-tac IWB holsters everybody is getting.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I recommend checking out a SigTac (made by Sig Sauer) jacket. There is a pistol concealment pocket on each side of the zipper, held closed by velcro. I can conceal a P220ST or my 1911 in there (both pretty heavy pistols) without noticeable printing. An M&P would be like having nothing in there at all.

Retention is kept via a wide elastic pouch inside. The jacket is comparable to a Carhaart in fit and warmth. It's also cut a little wider in the chest/gut for bigger guys, which can be a positive or a negative.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts