MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trained as a Glock armorer not to lube the internal parts in the slide such as the firing pin assembly, extractor, and firing pin safety plunger. But when breaking down my new MP.45 I see the firing pin assembly and other small parts are well lubed, yet they seem of similar design when compared to a Clock. Does the S&W MP.45 need to be lubed?

·
Registered
573 Posts
I just lube mine per the Owners Manual. After about 500 rounds or so I take the slide apart and clean, but do not lube, the firing pin channel. It seems to get a lot of junk in the channel after a lot of firing. I live in a dusty environment, so extra lube for me just means more dirt sticking to the pistol.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Triggerman66 said:
I was trained as a Glock armorer not to lube the internal parts in the slide such as the firing pin assembly, exteactor, and firing pin safety plunger. But when breaking down my new MP.45 I see the firing pin assembly and other small parts are well lubed, yet they seem of similar design when compared to a Clock. Does the S&W MP.45 need to be lubed?
What you found in your gun from the factory was not lube useful for functioning, but more of a protectant so that it doesn't rust when sitting in the factory or gun shop for a year. Similar to when you buy a new tool at Home Depot.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts
choochboost said:
What you found in your gun from the factory was not lube useful for functioning, but more of a protectant so that it doesn't rust when sitting in the factory or gun shop for a year. Similar to when you buy a new tool at Home Depot.
+1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts