MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey members,

I just bought a tube of this Tetra Gun Grease and it's awesome stuff. I've been using just regular old gun oil after the 2 cleanings and the ratcheting and clanking sounds like a normal polymer pistol should, but......this Tetra gun grease makes it so smooth!!! I put a little on the slide areas and a tiny dab on the trigger bar/ sear, striker, and the firing pin block. I couldn't believe how quiet and smooth everything was after applying TGG.

What are the other brands of lube do you guys use and recommend?

·
Registered
259 Posts
I've been using shooters choice all weather high tech grease. I don't know if it's any better or worse since it's the only one I've tried.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I got a small bottle of 10-8 performace lube when I purchased my sights and decided to give it try. I was running low on my regular oil, so I figured, why not give the 10-8 lube a try. I've used it a few times now and it seems to be pretty good...I might have to order a bigger bottle

·
Registered
59 Posts
greenpea76 said:
Hey members,

I just bought a tube of this Tetra Gun Grease and it's awesome stuff. I've been using just regular old gun oil after the 2 cleanings and the ratcheting and clanking sounds like a normal polymer pistol should, but......this Tetra gun grease makes it so smooth!!! I put a little on the slide areas and a tiny dab on the trigger bar/ sear, striker, and the firing pin block. I couldn't believe how quiet and smooth everything was after applying TGG.

What are the other brands of lube do you guys use and recommend?

+1 on Tetra -

I use both - Tetra grease and oil - I was never a fan of using grease on my firearms for lubrication - I did use it as a way to protect guns that I put in storage - like after hunting season - but cleaned it off before I shot the gun.

Tetra changed my mind - it acts like oil - providing lubrication - but sticks to the parts better than any oil.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I use either Mil-Tec or 10-8. The only time I have seen grease be any good was when Oliva Newton John was in it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
ClosetCaseNerd said:
FP10. Try it. Just trust me.
I've tried it and as a lube, I think there are better options.

As an all-in-one product (clean/lube/protect) it is very good, but again, I don't think it is the best for lubrication.

·
Registered
260 Posts
choochboost said:
I now use Slide Glide and 10-8 Performance Lube. I haven't yet decided which I prefer.
Which Slide Glide are you using?

I have some on the shelf that I haven't used for a long time. Maybe I need to try it on the M&P

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
coltman1985 said:
I prefer KY warming gel

The warming gel is fun but try the tingle gel prrrrrrr :oops: :oops:

I also HEARD if you use astro glide while putting the slide back on it will go through the wall!!! :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Kenny at Speed Shooters, and Dan B both recommend Brian Enos Slide Glide... suffice it to say that's what I use!

I got some of both the #1 (normal use above 50 deg) and #2 (normal use below 50 deg) that I intend to experiment with...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I use Hoppes 9 to clean the barrel with, CLP to clean the slide and other metal parts with and Hoppes 9 to lubricate barrel and rail.

On my Sig, I use TW25 grease with the hoppes 9 as a floater. I'll eventually try that with the MP too.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I recently got some of Brian Enos Slide Glide "Lite". I am using the little brush that I got with the Slide Glide and just putting a light coat on the slide rails and on the four metal rails that the slide runs on. I am liking it a lot. Prior to the Slide Glide, it was Break Free all the way. I was not unhappy with the Break Free, but the Slide Glide stays put and really smooths thing out.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts