MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not recommended is it? Because you'll be caked with lead?

How about if you bring a shooting mat? Would you have to hose the mat off when you come home?

This is more of an issue for my Walther G22 rifle, btw.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well in your ranges don't you have dividers to block spend shells from hitting the guy on the right? As long as I stay in my divider, no one's going to trip on me if I go prone.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, but my head goes in farther past the end of the divider a bit and a small bit of my foot extends a bit. Also do you think my balaclava prevent me from inhaling lead dust?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Eddo36 said:
Yes, but my head goes in farther past the end of the divider a bit and a small bit of my foot extends a bit. Also do you think my balaclava prevent me from inhaling lead dust?

it will most certainly NOT prevent you inhaling lead. For that, you need a respirator, and the filter cartridges need to be marked as safe for toxic dusts and will mention lead specificly on the label of every brand i have seen.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Tarzan say, "Out side good! Sun Good! Shoot outside and roll in grass." well ok.......gravel.

Are you saying you exstend out past the firing line when prone inside? Your range is ok with that?

·
Registered
75 Posts
for our PPC shooting one of the positions is prone lying on your belly. Fun way to shoot. The range has deviders and they keep the floor clean. Plus I wear a mask and full length clothing to avoid the lead (as a med student I have seen too much lead poisoning in, you guessed it, pistol shooters)

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
It's not recommended is it? Because you'll be caked with lead?

How about if you bring a shooting mat? Would you have to hose the mat off when you come home?

This is more of an issue for my Walther G22 rifle, btw.

I belong to a private gun club. The small bore shooters all use mats.

Our mats belong to the club, and are kept in a closet The

shooters use them then drag them back into the closet. They have

have been doing it for as long as I can remember. 50 years or so.

Zeke

1 - 11 of 11 Posts