MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

New member here! I'm seriously thinking of selling a Ruger BH in 44 mag. in favor of a 10mm semi-auto for carry during big game season. I own a full size M & P 2.0 in 9mm and a 2.0 Shield in 9mm and LOVE them both. I REALLY want a M & P in 10mm! What are the chances of my wish coming true!??

Thanks for the replies in advance,

Elk Country

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would love for a 10mm in the 2.0 platform but....... I don't think it will ever happen. Even though 10mm is in demand, they probably don't want to invest in tooling. I think if they did bring one to market it would be a HUGE seller. :yes

·
Registered
36 Posts
With the 2.0 45 I thought they had the perfect platform in the making for a 10mm M&P. It would need very little to go from there to 10mm. Add to that the experience of being the first to successfully market a 10mm pistol, I had hoped they would. Who knows, they may surprise us. Until then I will just have to suffer along with my Delta Gold cup and SIG P220 Legion.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
10 mm is a White Elephant, but I doubt if Smith will ever make one. They put their faith in another similar cartridge many years ago, 1006, then made the 40 S&W. Guess which one won.

·
Registered
64 Posts
10mm is back in popular demand with many top 1911 makers all producing guns with the chambering. Underwood, Buffalo Bore, Double Tap all make some screaming rounds. It's here to stay because it combines some good firepower for a woods gun and some serious stopping power producing some 728ft-lbs and up of energy. Good enough for me. JMO.

·
Registered
375 Posts
If every 10mm fan emailed S&W to ask for a 10mm M&P, maybe they will listen?
I've sent at least one email and made one phone call to them every year since the M&P line was released. The current owners don't care.
I have a couple 3rd gen S&W's and would buy an M&P immediately if they released one.

Springfield just released an XDm in 10mm late last year. Springfield is very well known for being "late to the party".
If the Croatian company making the XD line spent a few bucks on tooling, that shows a need for the product.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've sent at least one email and made one phone call to them every year since the M&P line was released. The current owners don't care.
I have a couple 3rd gen S&W's and would buy an M&P immediately if they released one.

Springfield just released an XDm in 10mm late last year. Springfield is very well known for being "late to the party".
If the Croatian company making the XD line spent a few bucks on tooling, that shows a need for the product.
I hear ya. And Ruger of all companies, not only makes a 1911 but a 10mm version as well. That, in my opinion really exhibits that 10mm is not just a trend, but here for awhile.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Based on the replies here, I broke down and purchased a new XDm 5.25" in 10mm. I think S&W may be missing the boat on these and if they decide to release a M&P in 10mm, may be late to the party.

Elk Country

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Back when i talked to S&W, they didnt feel there was enough of a market for the 10mm to want to make one in the M&P series. I can`t feel sorry for their loss, other companies are listening to their customer base, and are making them available. I own some 10mm, and its nice to have a semi-auto in the 41 magnum class of power.

·
Registered
74 Posts
A 10mm is not in the same class as a 41 mag and never will be . Many of the 40sw loads I use are as hot as much of the 10mm fodder ammo from the big boy ammo compaies sell today . If I want a harder hitting for the woods in a semi auto I'll grab my 45 and change recoil spring and fill it with 45 super . Nothing in 10mm at 185gr plus can better it . As it is my 40 is a 155gr gd at 1318fps makes a good back up to a real hunting handgun or long gun and travels with me when bow hunting and taken a few deer from a tree stand that happened under me over the years .

Good luck with your XD

1 - 20 of 50 Posts