MP-Pistol Forum banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have a very hard time with just a Tee shirt but it looks like winter is coming early in Chicago. I can easily pull it off with a slightly oversize sweatshirt.
In a way it's a little messed up when you are buying clothes and belts based more on concealing then fashion.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I have a very hard time with just a Tee shirt but it looks like winter is coming early in Chicago. I can easily pull it off with a slightly oversize sweatshirt.
In a way it's a little messed up when you are buying clothes and belts based more on concealing then fashion.
Well, I’ve been “a little messed up” for over 30 years now.

I don’t dress for “fashion,” I dress for concealment and comfort.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Well, I’ve been “a little messed up” for over 30 years now.

I don’t dress for “fashion,” I dress for concealment and comfort.

ok, i'm "half" messed up. My belts are double thick, so they don't twist when I carry owb. consequently, I am technically dressing and shopping around my gun.

other than that, half of the time, I print like mad, and, don't really care.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The last I knew of, S&W was still making the Model 610 revolver so they must think there is a market for 10mm. Ruger makes several revolvers in 10mm. Also, from what I read on GlockTalk, there is a significant number Glock 20 owners. I am one of them. There are also more make/models of 1911s being produced in 10mm than ever before. The 10mm has gained a huge fan base compared to 20 years ago.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The last I knew of, S&W was still making the Model 610 revolver so they must think there is a market for 10mm. Ruger makes several revolvers in 10mm. Also, from what I read on GlockTalk, there is a significant number Glock 20 owners. I am one of them. There are also more make/models of 1911s being produced in 10mm than ever before. The 10mm has gained a huge fan base compared to 20 years ago.
S&W is losing a big chunk of the pie in the 10mm market to the Glock 20.
I believe a M&P 2.0 in 10mm will be an instant success.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A 10mm is not in the same class as a 41 mag and never will be . Many of the 40sw loads I use are as hot as much of the 10mm fodder ammo from the big boy ammo compaies sell today . If I want a harder hitting for the woods in a semi auto I'll grab my 45 and change recoil spring and fill it with 45 super . Nothing in 10mm at 185gr plus can better it . As it is my 40 is a 155gr gd at 1318fps makes a good back up to a real hunting handgun or long gun and travels with me when bow hunting and taken a few deer from a tree stand that happened under me over the years .

Good luck with your XD
No 40 or 45 will touch a 10mm. Don’t know where your buying your ammo. Been carrying a Glock 20 since the 80’s. Been a Peace Officer for 37yrs. Lots of competition and still carry the same Gen.1 G20. Corbin, Underwood are both good starts for the 10mm. I’ll put it against the best 40-45 pistol you got. 135 grain Corbon at 1500 FPS rocks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Smith & Wesson hasn't made a semiautomatic pistol chambered in 10mm Auto since the early 1990s, and I doubt that they're going to make a new one anytime soon.

Furthermore, based on my observations the great 10mm comeback was nothing more than lip service by diehard 10mm Auto fans within the field of firearms journalism who were attempting to use the declining popularity of the .40 S&W cartridge as a springboard to promote the 10mm Auto cartridge.
Unfortunately, it was a fundamentally flawed and poorly executed attempt due to the fact that the lowest common denominator finds the recoil of the so-called ".40 Short & Wimpy" objectionable, ergo obviously the idea of ".40 S&W's tough older brother who left federal agents icing their palms and Grizzly Bears fleeing in terror" isn't going to appeal to them.

Last but not least, Smith & Wesson has clearly invested a lot into their own 10mm cartridge, and thus the last thing they want is to downplay "the powerful .40 S&W cartridge" by offering a firearm chambered in what is essentially .40 Magnum.
So unless .40 S&W completely tanks in popularity to the point that it's no longer profitable to support and 10mm Auto actually does make a comeback outside of overly enthusiastic articles with firearms manufacturing brand new firearms (Read: "New" as in, not a century-old design rechambered in 10mm) chambered in 10mm Auto, then it's unlikely that Smith & Wesson will ever offer the M&P in 10mm Auto.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I gave up on S&W making an M&P in 10mm, and bought an XD(M) 4.5 - 10 (10mm) about 2 1/2 years ago. It holds 15+1, carries and shoots great. I personally never had any use for a .40 S&W.

The only thing I didn’t like about it was the fugly glock-like point at the bottom front of the trigger guard; so I cut, then filed/sanded that off as soon as I got it home. It‘s very similar to an M&P trigger guard now.

Air gun Trigger Wood Grey Gun barrel

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've read somewhere that S&W is advising owners of M&P to not convert .40's to .357 Sig as the platform cannot handle it. If this is true a 10mm would be out of the question.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I've read somewhere that S&W is advising owners of M&P to not convert .40's to .357 Sig as the platform cannot handle it. If this is true a 10mm would be out of the question.
That hearsay evidence is not evidence at all, but by all means keep spreading the word... It might just catch on.

The M&P semi-auto handgun has been produced in the caliber of .357 Sig, and you can find them used online all over the place. You can also see evidence of this by simply reading the side of the magazine, which states 40S&W .357. The reason to stop making the .357 Sig variant had nothing to do with durability, but it was decided to end the production due to poor sales performance... This is the same reason that S&W has not produced a 10mm variant, because from a business perspective, there simply is not enough demand to warrant its production.

I read somewhere that Elvis did not die, but rather he moved in with Jimi Hendrix and Jim Morrison down in Tijuana Mexico. Please pass this along.

Reactions: Super Trucker

·
Registered
26 Posts
I never said it was true or evidence, and S&W's are not exactly common in .357 and you're right, given that they were likely discontinued due to slow sales.

Anyway, my .40 mags are marked with .357 also.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I never said it was true or evidence, and S&W's are not exactly common in .357 and you're right, given that they were likely discontinued due to slow sales.

Anyway, my .40 mags are marked with .357 also.
Just bustin' your chops a bit, since this has been debated before on these and other forums. Most of the discussions were merely opinions being thrown about, and as I recall, S&W only had one warning from the question being posed, and their response had more to do with a disclaimer about swapping any caliber barrel for another. I would say that if S&W had any real issues with changing the barrels between the .40S&W and the .357 Sig, then they would not have put out the replacement barrels in .357 Sig to the open market. Smith & Wesson Barrel S&W M&P 357 Sig 4-1/4

The only difference between the factory .357 Sig M&P (when it was manufactured) and the .40 S&W M&P is the barrel. All other parts are identical according to the drawings.

The only issue I ever really heard about the factory .357 Sig was an issue with a highway patrol for some state, and it was my understanding that the problem was with the 1st generation sear block assemblies, which are no longer used anywhere. That agency went to Sig Sauer instead of fixing the issue with S&W.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts