MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! My local dealer called me as soon as they got their first 10mm pistol in and held if for me until I was able to get back local to get it (a couple weeks ago now) threw an rmr on it and have put a few hundred rounds through it as work allow….love the pistol.

one issue I have is the unavailability of magazines….I typically have a minimum of 5 mags per pistol I see them listed everywhere but “o.o.s.” Continuously…..I signed upfor in stock notifications at every single sitethat has them listed….but nothing in the few weeks I’ve had the pistol….has anyone been lucky and found additional mags for sale anywhere?

the real issue I found with the 2 mags I have is after inserting mag, chambering a round, and topping off the mag and reinserting…..with both of the mags the rounds rattle around. I have always tapped mag spines to pull rounds rearward, that makes no difference…tried tapping back of grip, front of grip, baseplate while mag was inserted…all to no avail. This happens with both magazines. It rattles as I walk, ascend, descend stairs, run ….it’s fairly loud in stairwells etc sounds like shaking a half full tin of altoids only with a more metallic sound ….only remedy I can find is to only run 14 rounds in the mag.

that’s ludicrous to me as none of the weapons I’ve ever carried sig, hk, glock, in 9/40/357sig/45/10 and other M&P’s in 9/40 have had this issue has anyone else had this experience with theM&P10 and have you found a resolution…..I realize it “only 1 round” but perhaps that 1 round would be the difference in life and death..lol

·
Registered
727 Posts
The last I don't know how many guns released (from most manufacturers), have had the exact same issues (since the dempanic started).
About 6 months after the gun is available the mags will show up more slowly.

Do a search and you will see the same complaints, over and over.

Sig did it with their 365, Glock's new .22lr had the same as did one of rugers newest releases.

I made posts saying did not expect mags for 6 months when the gun wax announced.

There will be a dozen more threads just like this over the next few months.

The the other new gun they announced last week we will say the same complaints in a couple months when the guns hit the stores.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
empty chamber or one in chamber doesn’t make a difference…with 15 rounds in the mags they both rattle rattle like crazy….14 rounds in the mags empty or loaded chamber not even a hint of a ratttle….as it should be! …I’ve never had this issue before with any pistol or mag in the past

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've seen a you tube vid where his does the same thing. 14 rounds seems to be the magic number for the mag.

·
Registered
727 Posts
empty chamber or one in chamber doesn’t make a difference…with 15 rounds in the mags they both rattle rattle like crazy….14 rounds in the mags empty or loaded chamber not even a hint of a ratttle….as it should be! …I’ve never had this issue before with any pistol or mag in the past
I have an XD .45 that does the same (spare mag on my belt rattles)
I just don't worry about it.

People are saying busy with the phones that the majority don't notice when I open carry, let alone a minor rattle from my mags.

I wouldn't worry about it.

I never top off the mag in the gun after chambering a round because when I have to unload, there is a loose round with no where to put it.

That would solve your gun problem, but your spare mag would probably rattle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess I left out that part the mags don’t rattle with 14 or 15 rounds when not inserted into the pistol..you can violent shake the mags and no rattles

1 - 8 of 8 Posts